Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content template not working right in one category

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by katjaL 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have extended WooCommerce product database with own fields and taxonomies. Now with one product group (taxonomy "2. Tuoteryhmä"->"Monitoimiparketit" the tabs (made with Kadence blocks pro) don't work. All the other product groups work fine. I just can't find the difference.

Here is a product with working tabs hidden link (click the tabs "Tekniset tiedot" and so on).
All the products at this page (scroll down and click a product) have non-working tabs: hidden link

I don't get what's different with this product group.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Those links you shared don't work.

It's not clear from your description what the problem is, I think it would help if we could check how you have this set up on the website itself.

Let me mark your next reply as private so that we can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for us to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Can you also confirm the url of where we can see the problem (the actual links, not the links you shared, which don't work).

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the admin access details.

On the product page where the tabs are not working correctly, I see the following script error in the browser's console:

Cannot read properties of null (reading 'setAttribute')
( originating from the file: /wp-content/plugins/kadence-blocks/dist/kt-tabs-min.js )

To troubleshoot this, I'll recommend testing this with all extra plugins disabled (i.e. keeping only the WooCommerce, Toolset and Kadence blocks plugins) and switching to a default theme like Twenty Twenty One. It would also be interesting to test this with Toolset plugins deactivated as well.

In case the issue persists, even without the Toolset plugins, you can report this compatibility to the Kadence blocks support team.

And if the issue only appears when Toolset plugins are active, I'll need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of your website, to investigate this further on a different server.

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Hello Waqar,
I found the problem with extensive testing. It wasn't any plugin, but it was the tab contents where there is a map+view. If there were no results in that map view, the problem was there. I don't know if this is a bug or have I missed some setting?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these findings.

If this is confirmed that this is caused only if the view "Jälleenmyyjät tuotekorttiin" has no results, you can try out the following options:

1. You can replace the "Maps" block in the "Jälleenmyyjät" tab, with a shortcode block and use the map shortcode, to show the map:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/maps/maps-shortcodes/#wpv-map-render

2. In case the issue persists, you'll need to move the maps shortcode inside the view "Jälleenmyyjät tuotekorttiin" (specifically within the 'wpv-items-found' tags), so that the map is only loaded if there are some results found by the view.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.