Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content template not showing for single post views.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by garyS-5 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have created a content template for the custom post type "Classifieds" for the single post view. The only Classified Ad so far that I have added custom fields to is Example Classified Ad 1. When I go to the page to test the pages only shows the featured image and nothing else. I have watched the tutorial videos over and over and I cannot seem to locate what I am doing wrong. I also have deactivated all my my plugins and the problem still exists. Here is the page for the single post view:
hidden link

I am using WordPress Multisite so if you go to the main site hidden link and then in the center front click on Birmingham under the state of Alabama, then on the Birmingham site you can select Classifieds from the left menu. Then select Example Classified Ad 1 and it takes you to the single post view page also.

Once inside go to top left corner and hover over My Sites, then select Birmingham Dashboard. You should be able to find you way around from there.

Thanks,
Gary

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Gary,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

It seems that this is related to the active theme "TownPress". Have you tested the single "Classifieds" post page, with a default theme like 'Twenty Twenty-One'?

In case the issue still persists, I'll need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of the website, to troubleshoot this on a different server.

regards,
Waqar

I checked the issue by activating the standard WordPress defaust theme and the issue is in fact being caused by the Townpress theme I am using. Is there then no work around for my issue? My whole website build is based on the Townpress theme.

Gary

I contacted the TownPress theme developer and he stated that all I need to do is create a single.php file to show my custom post type and custom fields. If I do so how do I designate it to show the content template that toolset creates? And if I have several content templates say for Classifieds, Real Estate, Vehicles, etc. would I need to create a separate single.php file to show each content template I create in Toolset?

Gary

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update.

I'll need to perform some tests with the TownPress theme, to suggest the next steps to make it work with the Toolset's content templates.

Can you please share a copy of the "TownPress" and "TownPress Child" themes that you have on your website?
( you can upload these theme folders on any file sharing service like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc and share its link )

I've set your next reply as private.

Here is the download link to the TownPress theme zip file.

hidden link

Gary

I actually figured out how to make this work by copying the single.php and renaming it single-classfieds.php and then in the file I had to remove the code the developer was using to call up the post content with the standard wordpress code for the_content and now it works just fine. Thank you for your help but for now we can mark this issue resolved.

Gary

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.