Skip Navigation

[Resolved] content template is deleted but still appears on custom post type

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by keithH-4 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
i wish i could delete this content template.PNG
remove this.PNG

I am trying to: Start with a blank content template for the custom post type "Communities"
Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: No content- a blank or empty page

Instead, I got: <a href="hidden link" rel="next">TimeKeeper Bank Final Test <span class="meta-nav">→</span></a>

This is at the bottom of every "Community" post type
hidden link

I just want to get rid of it.

I have used another"blank" template on the custom post type but that nav link - still shows up on every post of this post type.

here is a list of communities to check

hidden link
hidden link

my 2nd problem is a content template that i can not delete

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can log into your website and see the problems.

Both problems are abnormal, please check these:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

3) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I am downloading the files, will update here if there is anything found

The duplicator package you provided above is not valid, there isn't any SQL file in it, I am trying to export the database dump file from your website, will update here if there is anything found

delete-ct.JPG
TimeKeeper.JPG

I can export/import the database dump file from your website to localhost, with a fresh WordPress installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, here are what I found:

Q1) I have used another"blank" template on the custom post type but that nav link - still shows up on every post of this post type.

It works fine in my localhost, I can see it is empty content in front-end, see screenshot: TimeKeeper.JPG

So there should be a compatibility problem in your website, you can locate the problem plugin/theme by this:
1) deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019
2) If the problem is fixed, activate other plugin/theme one by one.

if you need assistance to locate the problem plugin/theme, please backup your website, then fill below private message box with your website FTP access

Q2) my 2nd problem is a content template that i can not delete

I assume we are talking about the content template "Can not delete this template", when I edit it, I see below PHP errors:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function is_a_view() on null in D:\wamp64\www\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\toolset-blocks\vendor\toolset\dynamic-sources\server\Integrations\Views.php on line 112

Then I checked it in database, it seems you have assigned above content template to a deleted view, so View take it as a required content template for post view, you can not delete it directly.
But you can fix it in database, for example with mysql tool PHP myadmin, in the database table "y6hzldkt1_postmeta", run below SQL query,

SELECT * FROM `y6hzldkt1_postmeta` WHERE `post_id` = 2394 AND `meta_key` LIKE '_view_loop_id'

you will find a row:

Delete that row, it will be able to fix the problem. see screenshot delete-ct.JPG

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
I appreciate the help!
Thank you
Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.