Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Template display problem Twenty Twenty Three theme

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by helenG 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Using ToolSet with WP Twenty Twenty Three theme and having difficulty getting the Content Template for my Custom Post type to display properly. I went to Settings > Front-end Content and followed the instructions under "Theme support for Content Templates" by running the DeBug with the Views. I copied out the listed functions and pasted them into the settings. Now my content is displaying but it is doing it WITHIN the Single Page template, rather than as a stand alone. So close! Please help me take this the rest of the way... what to try next?

hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Instead of adding all the functions in the 'Theme support for Content Templates' field, can you please only include the 'render_block_core_post_content' function? This works on my test website.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Thanks for the tip but that has not cleared up the issue on my end. I did put only "render_block_core_post_content" in and still see the same results, the Content Template rendering inside the Single template.

Helen

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

CT-example-2021.png
CT-example-2023.png

Hi Helen,

Thanks for writing back.

I'd like to clarify here, that it is the expected behavior that the content added through the content template, only overrides the 'content' part of the single post/page. Using

The other parts like the header, footer, sidebar, widget areas, etc are still controlled by the active theme. The use of the content template doesn't allow you to design the entire page, as a whole.

To make this more clear, I've attached two screenshots.

The screenshot "CT-example-2021.png" shows the content added through the content template, highlighted in green, in the conventional theme 'Twenty Twenty-One'.

The screenshot "CT-example-2023.png" shows the content added through the content template, highlighted in green, in the newer theme 'Twenty Twenty-Three', which uses the WordPress full site editing feature.
( ref: hidden link )

regards,
Waqar

Ah! Understood. Thank you.

Is there a way to make a template dedicated to the custom post type?

Nevermind! I have found it is easy to register a custom post type template. Now I have everything sorted. Thanks for your help.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.