Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Collecting offers using form

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.31 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

There are two types of users (suppliers and investors). Every investor can create an inquiry (inquiries are post type hidden link) which is visible to all suppliers.

Each supplier should be able to respond to an inquiry made by the investor and offer their offer (offers from suppliers can only be seen by the investor who created the inquiry), responding to the created inquiry is limited in time or number of applications.

How can a supplier create their offer and send it to the investor?
How can I display suppliers' bids for each investor inquiry?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To collect individual offers, you can add another custom post type "Offers".

In this post type, you can include custom fields :
- "Related To" field will save the ID of the "Inquiry" post this offer was generated for
- "Sent to" field will save the user ID of the author of the "Inquiry" post this offer was generated for

On the single "inquiry" post page, you can include the new post form to add a new "Offer" post, which suppliers can use to send their offer to the respective investor.
( you'll be able to use the user ID of the author of the "offer" post, to track all the offers from a particular supplier )

As a result, with each offer post, you'll have the information that which user/supplier made this offer (author of the offer post), for which inquiry ("Related To" field) and to which user/investor ("Sent to" field).

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.