Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Code in Views Template: Apostrophe reverts to & #039;

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by suzyo 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Screen shot 2016-03-13 at 6.36.52 PM.png
Screen shot 2016-03-13 at 6.36.37 PM.png

Code in Views Template: Apostrophe reverts to & #039;

I am inserting the shortcode AND the class using the GUI.

This happens when using the Content Template in Views - it does not happen when using a plain content template.

Before and after images attached.

It's not reproducible on a clean Install with a WordPress default theme and Views + Types.

I will need to see your environment - if you are sure that this is happening as well without any 3 party Software and Themes.

There are 2 possibilities.
Either you provide me Access to a Live or test site, or you provide me a Site's snapshot.

1. Temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site.
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would, if possible, need access to a site where only a minimal set of Plugins and a default theme is active.
This to avoid eventual compatibility issues with other software.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site.
This is also a reason the backup is really important

✙ Please add the Links to:

- The Views Edit Screen

- The Page/Post where you insert the View

- The corresponding Front End Page/Screen

2. Sites snapshot.

We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Either of the variants is good to me.

Please could you provide me the additional Details, and as well permit me to perform the required steps?

Thank you for your patience.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-14 um 15.42.16.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-14 um 15.42.10.png

I am sorry but here I do not see the false apostrophes in those Content templates (loop items in [...])

Please see the screenshots-

Am I looking at the wrong place?

I also tried to insert new ShortCodes, all are rendering fine.

Please could you confirm me the additional Details?

Screen shot 2016-03-16 at 10.23.19 PM.png

HI Beda! Sorry, did not see your response, did not receive email notification.

Yes, you are in the right place, and this is what I have, RIGHT NOW!

Sorry, but I do not see this here.

Please watch this video:
hidden link

1. Does this happen in all browsers
2. What OS are you using
3. On the Front End, are things displayed correctly on your end?

Please could you provide me the additional Infos?

HI Beda. It is happening ONLY in "Templates for this View". It doesn't happen in "Loop Output" or any of the other input areas.

I am able to reproduce this in Safari.

I am using OX 10.6

Things display correctly on the front end.

It is also happening on my iPad, which removes the idea of a bug in my OS or desktop computer, yes?

This does not happen < anywhere else > in my world, only here, on only one screen in the Views admin.

Thanks.

Screen shot 2016-03-19 at 4.29.30 AM.png

Is there a patch? I can't work like this

Screen shot 2016-03-19 at 4.52.17 AM.png

okay, first it was that.

now, the wordpress archive by tax is broken.

haven't added anything, went ahead and disabled all other plugsin, no reason for this, seems like toolset is just breaking apart piece by piece.

Seriously, can someone tell me what is happening? Obviously I can't continue using this software if the problem we're discussing right now cannot be solved.

I went into the template shown above, fixed all the goofed up code, and saved, and the view is the way it was before. However, if I try to update the CSS or do anything else to this template/view, it will break again.

I mean, you say "fixed in next release" (about which I was not notified, I just happened to come back here and check and saw that) - and when is this next release?

Very, very frustrated.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-20 um 16.37.09.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-20 um 16.37.04.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-20 um 16.36.49.png

I apologize, I hit on the wrong status button when I submitted this answer (Fixed in next release)

Of course there is nothing to fix, as this all works just fine, on my end, on other users ends and on your Website as well

I attached the related screenshots from today's login.

Did you watch the video and the screenshots I provided earlier?

You are clearly able to see your Website Admin are there, and no over escaped Code in the Template.
Not in the Loop Output, not in the Templates for this View.

I am also in a MAC OSX El Capitan 10.11.3, which is the latest version of the OS X, and we have thousands of users, they do not experience this issue.

I also edited CSS on your Site, in the Archive as well in the Views, saved it and no problems happened.

It is not possible for me to solve something that I can not see.

I can not even offer a Test Server, as this is not a problem with the server.
I see the ShortCode all just fine here.

I even added a Code of myself, all with CSS and HTML, saved and the content is properly shown-

Of course I want you to use Toolset Successfully, but I can not address a issue that is not reproducible and not even visible for me.

Can I suggest, you try this steps:

1. Create a Test Site or a Local MAMP instance
2. Install Fresh WordPress, Toolset and Themes
3. Create some content to see the issue happening or not
4. Try this on different HotSpots of ISP's (different Internet Providers and computers)

I am sorry that it seems I am neglecting help here, but I can simply not see the issue, and I underline this with the screencast and screenshot

Thank you

Ah, I get it now. I didn't realize that you had logged into my site and were not able to reproduce problem THERE, while logged onto MY site.

I just checked - it is doing the same thing on my iPad.

Can we keep this open in case somebody has an answer?

I don't have this problem in the "loop output" box, it only happens in the "templates for this view" box.

That's why a global site problem or problem from my computer or my ISP (?) seems unlikely - because it was working fine until a couple of weeks ago, and because it doesn't happen in the loop output box!

See what I mean? Of course it is also happening on my iPad so basically I just feel completely insane.

I want to solve this, I don't want to let users to solve your issue.

You paid for this Support and so you will receive.

But see, the problem is, I can not fix things (an nobody can) that are not visible.

So, can you do this:

1. Install a ScreenCast APP, or use any of your choice (I think Quick Time Player should do it)
2. Grab the process of your work.
- that means, I need to see in the video, how you navigate to a editor, how you correct the code, save it, and then make the changes to save again and produce the problem
3. Please try to do this with Theme Twenty Sixteen, and only the Views and Types Plugin active.

I will then carefully try to reproduce this.

I also want to suggest to try on another device, as it must be a issue related to the specific devices, ISP, or something that is not shared with me.
As I can not see the issue on the same site, it is not the server or the Plugin.

Thank you

Screen shot 2016-03-28 at 8.19.54 AM.png

THIS is what happens with Layouts installed.

A screencast?

THIS is what you need to understand.

I create a template and use it. IT IS PERFECT THERE IS NO PROBLEM.

I go back to it (navigate to it using ink on dashboard menu, how else would I get there, on a camel?) and make a change.

Let's say I change the size of a heading tag.

I save, and then the code is corrupted. That's all there is. Nothing else is going on.

And, really, a screencast?

I navigate to the editor using the link in the dashboard menu.

Then I write the code.

If I come back to the editor at some point, to make a change, write the change, then save, the code in the editor, WHICH WAS WORKING PERFECTLY, becomes corrupted.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.