Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot save minor change to View

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by JoshuaD7497 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Make a tiny amendment to a View

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: n/a

I expected to see: View updated/saved

Instead, I got: A message: "One or more sections haven't been saved" and each section has a padlock displayed. top right.

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please check these:
1) check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to WordPress default theme 2021, and test again

3) If the problem is fixed, then activate other plugins/theme one by one, try to locate the problem plugin/theme

OK, thanks for your response. I will investigate it further and if necessary, I will have to rebuild the view using the new blocks approach which I use on other sites.

OK, please update here if you still need assistance for it. thanks

Hi Luo,

This was difficult to solve and has taken an hour and half, but now resolved.

It seems that there was some issue with the WordPress user permissions for Administrator Level. Some customisation of the roles and permissions in the past must have upset something.

Even Toolset Access wouldn't allow me to change the permissions for Administrator level (just hung on the spinner).

In the end changing the General Toolset option to "Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build" seemed to resolve things.

After setting this, suddenly I could save the changes to the View again (and solve the original issue which led to this bigger one!).

Thought I would let you know in case it helps you to assist others. Most of the ideas which led me to the solution originated from other Toolset Support tickets. Got there in the end!

And now I know all about Toolset Access which I hadn't used before, so a bonus.

Regards,
Josh.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the update and glad that it is resolved now.

This will surely help other users facing a similar challenge.

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.