Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can Toolset do this?

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Custom development

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Cred API and others

Is there a similar example that we can see?
No

Hi!

First of all when opening a ticket it asks me to which site i want help, and i have to select a site.
Not all the questions are related to a site, in this case i want to know if with Toolset Support help i can achieve the following.
I've already saw the CRED API... I've seen the many-to-many post relationships beta release today and i want to know if i can accomplish the following. I already worked with toolset and i know some things are possible, but i only know HTML/CSS but i handle well searching for code in the forum and trying different approaches to achieve what i want.

Heads Up: My intent is that admin could do the operations needed in the frontend and only frontend!

Workflow for users:
- User submit an application form (warning, the user doesn't need to register, but will fill an e-mail field used for toolset to send e-mails, does the fact that the user doesn't need to register into wordpress be a problem?)
- User then receives e-mails according to different types of status assigned to that application form (approved, pending, etc, just like woocommerce)

Admin features on frontend:

Application forms
- Possibility to view application forms on the frontend and change the fields
- When a user submits the application, create a record of the post type called USER (not wordpress user) with his name, email, address, and a link to the proposal(s) he submitted (user would be parent, proposal the child)
- For each application form submitted, create a history record of all e-mail sent by toolset (by e-mail to the proposal email field submitted by the applicant). Proposal parent, e-mails sent by toolset would be the childs?. Each application should have status (accepted, pending, etc with specific text for each). Some status may not send e-mail, just a few.
- Each application would have 10 fields consisting in a single button (so it would be 10 buttons), pressing the button makes a confirmation popup appear to confirm the action. When confirmed, the content of the form should be sent via API of the specific institution assigned to that button and that action logged in the proposal history (just like an e-mail specified above).

Is it possible to send cred forms in specific format (i believe xml?) and only specific fields (some api's don't require all fields) to specific API's? For example, the first button would only send "name", "email", "budget" to institution 1, the second button would only send "name" and "email" to institution 2, etc.

Statistics for all the proposal submitted:
- How many proposals pending, approved, etc (by status) and ability to list them.
- How old are the applicants (average)
- From where are the applicants?
etc etc.

CRM
A database of the people that applied the form.
Abillity to for example, to list the contacts based on the form dropdown fields (ex: list all the applicants that chose "RESULT" from a dropdown that was on the applicant form), linking to their profile, where i can therefore access the form he submitted.

Hope i was clear enough, if you have some question please let me know, will be glad to answer them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another project (if possible i will purchase 2 licenses)

Multipage form with CRED (with step visualization on top of the form) where the wordpress user will have ONLY one record. If that record already exists then the "add new" button will disappear. The user can update the existing record with new information.

Option to, as above, create a button to send the form in specific format to their system API (i still don't know which one).
This could be on the admin side or frontend.

thanks!

Dear Tiago,

There are lots of questions in this thread, I am trying to answer them one by one:
Q1) does the fact that the user doesn't need to register into wordpress be a problem?
Yes, you can allow guest user to submit CRED form in front-end, and but there isn't post author settings after guest submit the CRED form for creating post, and you don't know if the guest provides the real email address, you did not validate the email address.

Q2) Proposal parent, e-mails sent by toolset would be the childs?
Yes, I think it is good option. It is very easy to setup the "history record" as the child post type of "application", you will be able to get the child "history record" posts with Views
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/querying-and-displaying-child-posts/
and create the "history record" post with CRED form.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-forms-for-child-content/

Q3) Is it possible to send cred forms in specific format (i believe xml?) and only specific fields (some api's don't require all fields) to specific API's?
It is possible with CRED action hook cred_save_data, when user submit the CRED form, use action hook cred_save_data to trigger a PHP function, in this PHP function, generate the specific format, and send to the specific API's, but it needs custom codes, here is the document for cred_save_data:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data

Thank you Luo Wang for your time:

I believe i should have posted in a different way so that it's easier to understand.

1 - And while inserting the proposal, toolset would be able to create a user according to this https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-training-course/part-6-building-forms-creating-user-accounts/ . But in this page i dont see mentioned the step for the user to confirm e-mail. Toolset can create users but what about the confirmation email?

2 - Is it possible (easily, if you know what i mean) to create a status for every proposal and that when this status changes to a specific value (dropdown), that a user receives e-mail with specific text?

3 - When a user submits the application, create a record of the post type called USER (not wordpress user, but a post type created by toolset. So it would be like replicating some field from POST TYPE A to POST TYPE B) with his name, email, address, and a link to the proposal(s) he submitted (user would be parent, proposal the child)?
This would be just like a CRM, if you see that is possible to do this in another way please feel free to point it out.

4 - Regarding the history record (which would be e-mails sent by toolset), would it be possible for toolset to access an e-mail inbox threw wordpress cron, so that it would retrieve all e-mails which contains a specific code in the subject and insert them into the history cronologically. It would be like a ticket system, so it would record all e-mails sent by toolset and the responses from the user regarding his proposal. Is this possible?

5 - Statistics for all the proposal submitted:
- How many proposals pending, approved, etc (by status) and ability to list them.
- How old are the applicants (do an average of calculated values, the user inserts "date of birth" and toolset would calculate the age based on that date and insert on the age field, then would do an average of all records of that field).
- From where are the applicants.
Is this possible?

6 - Abillity to for example, to list the contacts based on the form dropdown fields (ex: list all the applicants that chose "RESULT" from a dropdown that was on the applicant form), linking to their profile, where i can therefore access the form he submitted. Is this possible?

7 - https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-build-a-multistep-form-with-the-brand-new-ajax-capability/ according to this, multistep forms are possible, but is it possible to include on the top of the pages a step description? ex: step1 - signup, step2 - description, etc etc.

Thank you once again for your time.

Q1) But in this page i dont see mentioned the step for the user to confirm e-mail. Toolset can create users but what about the confirmation email?
You can setup the password with CRED form automatically, and send the password to the user's email, see our document:
CRED User Forms Email Notifications
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-user-forms-email-notifications/
While CRED auto-generates the login details for new users, you will need to set up a notification email that will deliver these login details to the newly created user. Without the notification email, the user will exist in the WordPress dashboard, but will be unable to log into his/her WordPress account.

Q2) Is it possible (easily, if you know what i mean) to create a status for every proposal and that when this status changes to a specific value (dropdown), that a user receives e-mail with specific text?
If the "status for every proposal" is a custom field, you can send the email depends on the custom field "status for every proposal" changed, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automated-email-notifications-with-cred/

Q3) When a user submits the application, create a record of the post type called USER (not wordpress user, but a post type created by toolset. So it would be like replicating some field from POST TYPE A to POST TYPE B) with his name, email, address, and a link to the proposal(s) he submitted (user would be parent, proposal the child)?
I am not sure why do you need the custom post type "USER", in my opinion, it will be more easy to setup them as custom user fields, then you can display them in anywhere by Types shortcode [types ...]
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/

Q4) Regarding the history record (which would be e-mails sent by toolset), would it be possible for toolset to access an e-mail inbox threw wordpress cron, so that it would retrieve all e-mails which contains a specific code in the subject and insert them into the history cronologically. It would be like a ticket system, so it would record all e-mails sent by toolset and the responses from the user regarding his proposal. Is this possible?
CRED plugin is using wordpress function wp_mail() to send the email notification, no wordpress cron involved.
But "Automatic post expiration" involves wordpress cron:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automatic-post-expiration/
But I don't think it suits for your case, so the answer is: there isn't such a built-in feature, it needs custom codes.

Q5a) How many proposals pending, approved, etc (by status) and ability to list them.
It depends how do you setup the proposals pending, approved, etc (by status).
If it is a custom field, you can setup a view, and filter by custom field "proposals status":
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-by-custom-fields/
You can setup a front-end search form with the custom field "proposals status":
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/

Q5b) How old are the applicants (do an average of calculated values, the user inserts "date of birth" and toolset would calculate the age based on that date and insert on the age field, then would do an average of all records of that field).
Views only displays the value, it does not calculate the value, it needs custom codes.

Q5c) From where are the applicants.
Same as Q5a) It depends how do you setup "From where".
If it is a custom address field, you can setup a view, and filter by custom field "From where":
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

Q6) Abillity to for example, to list the contacts based on the form dropdown fields (ex: list all the applicants that chose "RESULT" from a dropdown that was on the applicant form), linking to their profile, where i can therefore access the form he submitted. Is this possible?
Same as Q5a) If it is a custom field, you can setup a view, and filter by custom dropdown field:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/

Q7) according to this, multistep forms are possible, but is it possible to include on the top of the pages a step description? ex: step1 - signup, step2 - description, etc etc.
Yes, as you can see it will involve custom codes, and you can create different page for each step, and in each page display the step description.

Please create new thread for the new questions, that will other users to find the answers. Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.