Skip Navigation

[Closed] Button in View used in Content Template not translating

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Skærmbillede 2022-10-28 094537.png
Skærmbillede 2022-10-28 094445.png

I am trying to:
Translate a button located in a view in a content template

It is the "Read more"Z button

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
To find the translation either in the Content Template translation or the String Translation

Instead, I got:
Nothing

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

To troubleshoot why this button text is not available in the Content Template translation or the String Translation, I'll need to see how WPML and this template are configured in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access details.

While I can see the issue with the read more button's text not getting translated on your website, I couldn't reproduce this on a test website. This suggests that something specific to your website is involved.

To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset and non-WPML plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of the website to investigate this on a different server.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

I have deactivated all plugins except WPML and Toolset and changed to the 2022 theme.

The issue is still there 🙁

You have my permission to download the website for testing purposes.

Waqar
Supporter

I apologize for the delay in getting back on this, as we had an unusually busy forum queue last week.

I've downloaded the website's clone and will be performing some tests on it. Will share the findings, as soon as this testing completes.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Waqar,

Are you making progress?

Can I use the staging server for another support case?

Lars

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Lars,

I'm using your staging website's clone for this investigation, so you can make any changes to the staging website as needed.

I haven't yet reached the bottom of this yet but will share the findings, with you over the weekend.

regards,
Waqar

Thank,

I really appreciate your help.

Regards

Lars

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

I've been having some inconsistent results between your website's clone and my clean test website, which suggests that it might be something server related.

Would it be possible for you to share the admin access details of the staging website again?

Note: I'm setting your next reply as private.

Waqar
Supporter

The access details worked, thank you.

However, this user is not allowed to access the website's admin area and is redirected back to the accounts page on the front end.

Can you please make sure that this user has the 'administrator' user role?

The topic ‘[Closed] Button in View used in Content Template not translating’ is closed to new replies.