Skip Navigation

[Escalated to Compatibility team] Body post field truncated

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 50 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

Hi Christopher! I did downgrade and all is well. That said, now been just about a month of waiting for the dev team. Any idea? Thank you.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

Thank you for your message. There is an ongoing investigation and there seems to be a broader issue with the Wysiwyg editors that our dev team working on.

It will take time but it is something that will be available in future releases.

For the moment please keep the previous version.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher! It's going 2 months of waiting for some help from the famous dev team.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

We are sorry for the long wait, it seems that the issue is part of a broader problem with the Wysiwyg editors introduced on the latest version of Toolset.

For the time being, you will need to keep using the previous version till further notice and update.

I appreciate your patience.

Hi, Christopher! It's been 3 months, still no reply. Can you check? Thank you.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I'm sorry for the time it is taking to resolve this. Here in support we don't have any control over how the developers prioritize tasks, but we do keep nudging them over this and the related WYSIWYG field issues, and the developer in question assures me that they are next on his list.

Thanks, Nigel. I hope the said developer is a truth-teller!

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

We have a package available with improvements on the Wysiwig issue and our development team wanted to test it on your website, but unfortunately, the staging website is not available anymore.

Is it possible if you could provide us with the staging website so we can test the package there?

Thank you very much.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Thank you very much.

We will update with the result afer testing.

Thank you.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

I've got the message below from the dev team:

those credentials don't work, unfortunately. If you try adding /wp-admin/ to the end, doesn't exist, without it it redirects to a page where the credentials don't work.

Would you please double check and give us the login info for wp-admin?

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you. The login information is correct.

It will take time for testing as the person responsible for this will be available at the end of the week.

I will update you.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

We have an update from the dev team:

I added the develop branch package to the staging site and then created a new Sales post, and the body WYSIWYG field appears to initialize "correctly". There are no errors, but it also renders in the text mode rather than visual, with no tabs visible to be able to switch. I'm not sure why that is, but maybe if it is what the client is expecting anyway then we can move on. Please have the client check the staging site and give their feedback.

Would you please check and give your feedback?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-10-30 at 12.53.16 PM.png

WHAT?

"it also renders in the text mode rather than visual, with no tabs visible to be able to switch. I'm not sure why that is, but maybe if it is what the client is expecting anyway "

OF COURSE NOT. BTW, I AM THE CLIENT. That's why we got Toolset - "without coding."

I reported this issue on June 15. It has now been over 4 months that I've been waiting for help.

Here's a screenshot of the Sales post at present.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for confirming that it is not intended. We understand and do our best to find out the cause of the issue.

I am going to report back and update you.

Thanks.

Hi Christopher. It's now been 5 months since I opened this ticket. Why isn't anybody helping?