Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Blocks plugin

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Toolset-12-8.JPG

In my directory/Membership site, I have created places for custom fields for pictures to display. However, I cannot have blocks allowing the settings for adjusting the image block settings. It displays just the selectors for which custom fields to select from and that is it. no settings.

There are too many bugs with this toolset. It wasn't like this before. If I have to find solutions on my own to fix the toolset plugins all the time, why am I paying top dollars for my account? It is counter-productive, shouldn't I have at least a discount????.

Can someone help me with this?
Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've performed some tests on my website, but couldn't reproduce this issue of missing settings for the image block.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the page where this image block can be seen?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details, but, I'm getting the incorrect password error message.

Can you please check the username and password again?

Note: I've set your next reply as private.

Waqar
Supporter

The new admin access details worked.

I checked the "Image" block used in the content template "Conference Members - Actual Content Template" and block settings were available for it.
( screenshot: hidden link )

I also noticed that there are a number of errors showing in the browser's console, related to REST API and JetPack plugin, on all blocks editor (Gutenberg) screens. It seems some plugin is blocking the REST API connections on your website, which affects the functionality of the blocks editor (Gutenberg), including the Toolset's blocks.

There are 2 critical errors showing which are possibly related to the same issue at WP Admin -> Tools -> Site Health.

I'll recommend troubleshooting the main cause of the issue, that is why the REST API connections are being blocked/restricted on the website.

It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

thanks Waqar for taking a look in the matter for me.
Can you help me with the following: "are a number of errors showing in the browser's console, related to REST API and JetPack plugin, on all blocks editor (Gutenberg) screens. It seems some plugin is blocking the REST API connections on your website, which affects the functionality of the blocks editor (Gutenberg), including the Toolset's blocks. "

Where did you see these errors? Have you seen it in the page? or which area of the dashboard?

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

The errors can be seen in the browser's console, while viewing any Gutenberg/blocks editor screen, for example, the screen to edit the content template "Conference Members - Actual Content Template".
hidden link

Here are some online guides on using the browser's console to see the errors:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/

hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.