Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Automatic expire date for this post has been lost after recent update

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Broken UI and options for the Post Expiration date and time settings.

Solution:
This was a bug and it was fixed in CRED v1.9

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-cred/#changelog

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lindsayH 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
expiry calendar.png

It seems that the Automatic expire date for this post is now unchecked (it had been set up from a CRED form). The latest update has wiped this data - and needs to be re-entered manually for each post in the CPT.

Also the CSS for the calendar needs looking at - see image attached.

Many thanks.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

1. I noticed you are using Cache plugins on site:
- Please clear / purge / delete Hyper Cache data.
- Please clear out your website cache, plugins cache, server cache (LiteSpeed server cache), browser cache too and recheck the site.

2. Looks like Toolset server requirements are not met. You can see the minimum Toolset requirements here: https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

- MySQL 5.5.54 version in your site is lower than the required for Toolset, which is MySQL 5.6 and above. Please ask your hosting company to update this.

3. If the issue exists afterwards, please check your browser console inspect element and see if there are some errors shown in the browser console:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-toolset/

Thank you

chrome_2017-02-27_15-31-57.png

I have a staging site and I removed all plugins (except Toolset) and switched to a Toolset theme. I have updated my current suppliers manually so I can't really retest now. Not all suppliers had their date's removed, but some absolutely did.

I have asked my hosting company to upgrade the SQL and this is in their plans to do, but they don't have an eta for this at the moment.

I can't see any issues in the browser console at all.

I'm still having an issue with the display of the calendar - I'm having various CSS issues since the update.... please see attached.

Noman
Supporter

Hi Lindsay,

To debug this issue I will need to take a look at your setup. So I need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your staging site where the problem has been replicated in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the [Post] Edit Screen and [Form] Edit Screen where you have setup Automatic expire date.

Looking forward to help you.
Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Hello Lindsay,

Thank you for providing login details.

I am also able to reproduce this issue at my end. Sorry for the time you've expended on this.I am escalating this issue to our 2nd tier support for further review. I'll let you know when we have a fix, which will, hopefully not be too long.

Thanks for your patience.

Noman
Supporter

Hi Lindsay,

This will be fixed in the next release, and in the meantime a workaround has been made available as described in this errata: https://toolset.com/errata/input-for-date-and-time-field-is-not-displayed-on-the-frontend/

If you have any problems with that please let me know.
Thank you

Hi Norman, I updated but not sure it's made any difference, and I've now logged another issue re CRED form dates....

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/view-with-_cred_post_expiration_time-not-displaying-anymore/

Noman
Supporter

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for getting back to us. Are you still seeing the broken UI and options for the Post Expiration box after updating Toolset plugins to latest versions and applying the given solution?

Thank you

firefox_2017-03-03_19-51-19.png

Yes, still appears to be an issue, see image attached. Thanks Norman.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Lindsay,

We are not able to reproduce this issue at our local site.

1. Please install fresh WordPress on a test website. Please kindly do not install any other plugin or theme on this site.

2. Install latest Toolset Types and Cred Plugins after downloading from your account: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

3. Then check UI of options for the Post Expiration box.

Please let me know how it goes.
Thank you

Hi Norman, can I have access to your test site please? I think it's a CSS issue where your latest update has changed the order of the style sheets (I have a different call logged with toolset where this is the case). I'd like to compare the stylesheet order between my site and yours. Many thanks for your help.

Also, JFYI before this update it was fine.

Noman
Supporter

Hi Lindsay,

My test site is a private local site and public users cannot access it. I can send you a duplicator plugin package (clone copy of my test site) if you need that?

Also the style issue looks like a plugin or theme conflict. I would suggest to please try to check it by deactivating all third-party plugins and switching back to the Default Theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme) to see for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes.

Thank you

Issue with Date Picker.png
Date Picker OK.png

With regards the current CSS stylesheet issue, I've of course done all this already and have a staging site with no plugins\toolset theme. The CSS stylesheets ARE loaded in a different order and with regards my other logged call, has now been sent to a higher tier as an issue. I've a feeling this is related.

Please compare the difference in CSS being loaded now? Does this help? I used your training toolset site to compare. Many thanks.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Lindsay,

Thank you for providing the screenshots. I am not quite sure if CSS ordering would have caused this issue. I am now able to see same problem in some of my Post Types as well. I am escalating this issue to our 2nd tier support for further review and we will get back to you.

Thank you for your co-operation and patience as we strive hard to resolve this.

That's great. I'm glad you can replicate...

Yes, agreed, this time not so much the order but the below doesn't seem to be loading at all in my own site (which has quite a lot of CSS for the date picker). Hope that helps.

hidden link

Many thanks Norman.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.