Skip Navigation

[Resolved] an o2m relationship is missing action bar in backend

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by tobiasP-5 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
perm1.png
rel.png
missing.png

There are three Post Types (X,Y,Z) that have a one to many relationship with post type A. (A can only have one of each assigned)
I have multiple custom roles and despite a user being member of a role that has all rights on X,Y,Z only one out of three has the "Edit, Quickedit, Disconnect, Tash" Quickbar displayed in the backend on the edit A page. (see screenshot)
All three Post Types have the same settings.

Hello,

The screenshots files are lost due to server issue, please put them in elsewhere, and share the image link.

For example:
hidden link

OK, I can see the screenshots now, trying to duplicate the same problem in localhost, will update here if find anything.

edit-links2.JPG
edit-links.JPG

I have tried the same settings in my localhost with a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works fine, I can see the "Edit | Quick Edit | Disconnect | Trash" links with an user of custom role "Library Editor", see my screenshot: edit-links.JPG

Please check these in your website:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

HI,
the newly created Sample Location China also works mysteriously but the "older" two types Location Austria and Supplier does not work (anymore) so it must be a particular problem with my installation... also for the user with the Admin role it works; all 3 are displaying the quickbar... but even if I give my custom role all capabilities its still not displayed..
enabling debug does not show me anything in the console (maybe because the user is not admin?)
also like I said its working for one of the three... so it must be something in the inner working... would you care to take a look at this specific installation (I would prefer if we do this together via teamviewer or any other means of screen sharing)

also on a side note toolset forms (v2.6.2) has a jquery issue:
hidden link: jQuery.browser is deprecated

In my localhost all child post types work fine.

Have you checked the compatibility issue as I mentioned above?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/an-o2m-relationship-is-missing-action-bar-in-backend/#post-1836239
In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, also point out the problem page URL and username, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if find anything

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for waiting and since Luo is on vacation this week, I'll be following up on this ticket.

During testing, I was able to reproduce this issue on my test website and any post where the author is the user with the "administrator" role, such post is not editable by any other user role, from the relationship managemetent section.

I've shared these findings with the concerned team for further review and will keep you updated through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Hi,
thanks for the followup.

it seems the issue occurs if the post that gets/was connected has a different author... despite user is having all the edit rights on this post type.. (like edit any)

Waqar
Supporter

Yes, that seems correct and I'll let you once I'll hear back from the development team.

also maybe related. even if as user has all the rights for a custom post type, they need the "read" capability, otherwise the list of "select existing ...." is always empty...

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-unnecessary-need-for-the-read-capability-for-the-posts-and-page/

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for adding this and yes this seems to be expected.

okay but conceptionally it does not make sense for users to need "read" on "posts, pages" despite the user having read on the custom post type that would need to be fetched.

Waqar
Supporter

Sorry about the confusion and I thought you were referring to the "read" capability for the custom post type and not for the regular posts and pages.

I'm going to perform some tests related to this point as well and will escalate accordingly.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

I've split a new ticket for the topic of "read" capability for the posts/pages and will reply to it shortly.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-unnecessary-need-for-the-read-capability-for-the-posts-and-page/ )

As for the action bar missing issue, I'll keep you updated on the progress through this ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.