Skip Navigation

[Resolved] adding different header option for 'Room Types' page template

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello,

I manage a client site using Toolset and a WP framework called 'Jupiter'.

Toolset powers much of the functionality on the site, including pages using page.php, the default template.

Here is an example of a page using WP page.php default template:

hidden link

Note the 'header image' is powered using Toolset 'custom fields' - in this case 'header options'. Why the original developer simply did not use native WP featured image seems confusing to me.

Our client wants to update some pages so the header image is replaced by an image carousel. I would like to make it look like this:

hidden link

which is a 'location' template built using Toolset.

I have created a new WP page-roomtypes.php template and assigned this page to it:

hidden link

Normally I could add what I like to the template (ie - when creating a theme from scratch), but since this site uses the lousy 'Jupiter' framework I really have no options to add meaningful code to the template. As I mentioned, page.php uses
'header options' custom field but I don't see this anywhere in the WP template. How does this appear on the front end?

I would like to use the image carousel which is used for 'location' template which uses:

[types field='images-loc' width='1130' height='540' alt="%%ALT%%" align='none' resize='crop' separator=''][/types]

I believe the custom field is 'images' rather than 'image'.

as well as a jQuery library to power the carousel.

How can I simply display the 'header options' custom fields for page.php and something like 'room types header options' for page-roomtypes.php? 'Room types header options' would display an image carousel.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I'm afraid, I'm not familiar with the 'Jupiter' framework, but I can take a look in the admin area, to see how Toolset fields data has been incorporated.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message? I'll be in a better position to guide you accordingly.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I've reviewed the pages and the related content templates, but it seems that the header image section is being controlled by theme files and not any content template from the admin area.

Although troubleshooting custom theme's code is beyond the scope of support that we provide, we do our best to guide in the right direction, whenever possible.

Since the theme editor is disabled from the website's admin area, I couldn't look into the theme files. If you could share the FTP access details or the website's clone/snapshot ( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ ), I can take a quick look into the theme files, to suggest how the header image field is linked to the template.

I've set your next reply as private again.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

I see where the header image is being rendered on front end - thanks for pointing me in that direction.

achgroup-child/views/header/styles/header-1.php

I would like to conditionally render the image slider as per Toolset content template: location.

Can you offer any pointers in respect to the rendering. I SHOULD just be able to copy the code from the content template: location onto the header-1.php theme file

thanks

Chris

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, the FTP access details that you've shared, keep on showing the "Authentication failed." message.

If your goal is to simply call the output of the content template in a theme's PHP file, you can use the "render_view_template" function:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-api/#render_view_template

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.