Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add dropdown list field in my woocommerce product customs fields

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jean Rapenne 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I need to add a dropdown list field in my woocommerce product customs fields.

I've not found this kind of custom field in the core list.

Could you explain to me the way I can manage this ?

Regards

Jean

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Jean,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

If your goal is to add some custom fields to the WooCommerce's "Products" post type, it can be added from Toolset -> Custom Fields. Here is a guide on the topic of adding custom fields to the post types:
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1620889-1620037/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Wagar,

The answer you give don't answer at all to my need. I aready know how to add a custom field.

I only need to know how to integrate a "dropdown list" field instead of a checkbox field due to reduce vertical display size.

Thanks by advance.

Jean

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

When adding a new custom field, you can select the field type "Select" and it will be used as a "dropdown" field.
( example screenshot: hidden link )

If you've already added this field, but it is not showing as a dropdown, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the page where this field can be seen.

I'll be in a better position to guide you with the next steps, accordingly.

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.