Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Youtube control doesn't support multiple filtered values (Child:)

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to:
Use Toolset to display multiple items associated with the parent page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
The videos that the control displays are each associated with a different parent. However, they're displayed in all pages. If I want to filter these videos to their parent page(s) I have to edit the relationship between the parent and the video element (one-to-one).

Instead, I got:
I want to display filtered video elements that are in a one-to-many relationship with their parent (in our case event[1] -> video link[*]).

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Can you please check the content selection settings of your view that is showing these videos and make sure that it is set to show only the related videos?

Here is a relevant guide on this topic:
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1729031-1730449/#displaying-many-related-items

In case the filtering still doesn't work, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details, for further troubleshooting.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 10.32.54.png
Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 10.25.02.png

Hi, we did exactly what was in your guide/tutorial and it didn't work. We get no video links in the Views + Video blocks. The relationships between our post type and video links should be ok since when editing a post I only see the added links.

Here two screenshots for confirmation. The one titled: ”Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 10.32.54.png” is to confirm that the relationship works, as 2 videos are on one post and we have 3 posted videos in total. But when you access the template and ask to show just the videos from this posting, it informs us there is no video.

related-video.png

Thanks for writing back.

I'll assume that the video block from your screenshot, is placed inside the loop of view that is showing the related videos.

If that is correct, in the video block's settings, you'll select the current video post as the post source and not the relationship.
( screenshot attached )

The scope of the 'current' post is changed to each individual related video post inside that view's loop. So any blocks that will be placed inside the loop will be able to call the data from the current video post in the loop, as needed.

Hello dear Waqar,
we just checked. In our view the current video link has nothing to show at the source.

Would you need a temporary WordPress admin and FTP access to our site to troubleshoot it yourselves?

Thank you,
Sergiu

Hi Sergiu,

Yes, to troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how this content template and the view are set up in the admin area.

You're welcome to share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message.

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you for sharing the access details.

I noticed that the custom field 'video link' that you're using is of type 'URL'.

The 'Video' block that you have in the content template is designed to work with the videos uploaded on the server and not from a third-party service like YouTube.

For showing videos from YouTube links, you can remove the 'Video' block and instead add a 'YouTube' block. You'll see that this 'video link' will be available in that block's dynamic source settings.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.