Skip Navigation

[Closed] WYSIWYG

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

ben
QQ20220118-144454.jpg

你好 Luo Yang,

我在一个最近新建的网站下面发现一个的问题:就是WYSIWYG(所见即所得)编辑器在Chrome下面不能保存内容,而且是在“可视化”状态下面不能保存,如果我换成“文本”状态就可以保存了。前几天是正常的,但突然就不正常了,不知道是不是插件冲突,但我尝试禁用一些插件后也没有帮助。

另外,我在之前的一个ticket里面也报告了这个问题https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wysiwyg%ef%bc%88%e6%89%80%e8%a7%81%e5%8d%b3%e6%89%80%e5%be%97%ef%bc%89%e7%bc%96%e8%be%91%e5%99%a8%e5%9c%a8chrome%e4%b8%8b%e9%9d%a2%e4%b8%8d%e8%83%bd%e4%bf%9d%e5%ad%98%e5%86%85%e5%ae%b9/ ,其实那个问题现在还是存在的。

我也尝试了下面两个方法:

1) 清空Chrome浏览器缓存 --> 我清了缓存,但问题还在
2) 检查网站是否有JS错误 --> 我也看了没有JS错误

我想请你登录网站后台帮我看看是什么问题,如果可以的话,也请你帮我解决一下,非常感谢。你可以到附件截图的位置进行测试

Ben

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Luo is on vacation this week. If you need assistance can you please repost the issue in English?

Thank you.

ben

Hi Nigel,

I found an issue for a website I built about 10 days ago, here is the problem: in Chrome, I can not save the content by Toolset WYSIWYG editor, the problem only happens for "Visual" mode, but I can save it for "Text" mode.

It was working well for the first few days, and all of sudden, it didn't work, I am not sure whether it's plugin conflict for not, however, it still didn't work after I tried to deactivate a few plugins.

Moreover, I reported this issue in another ticket for another website of mine, you can find it it at https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wysiwyg%ef%bc%88%e6%89%80%e8%a7%81%e5%8d%b3%e6%89%80%e5%be%97%ef%bc%89%e7%bc%96%e8%be%91%e5%99%a8%e5%9c%a8chrome%e4%b8%8b%e9%9d%a2%e4%b8%8d%e8%83%bd%e4%bf%9d%e5%ad%98%e5%86%85%e5%ae%b9/, well, that website still has this problem.

I also tried the following two methods, but still no luck:
- clear your browser cache
- check JS error

I really hope that you can log in the website backend (I've provided the Admin login info) and help me to find the problem, and hopefully, fix it, and I really appreciate it.

BTW, you can duplicate the problem at the attached screenshot.

Thank you very much!
Ben

ben
QQ20220119-145408.jpg

forgot the attachment, here it is.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ben

I can't reproduce the problem on my own site. I logged in to your site to examine the problem, but there is a problem accessing your site. No stylesheets are loaded for any page (the log in page, the dashboard, etc.), and the pages are completely unstyled, making it impossible to check the issue.

I had a colleague of mine log in to see if it worked for them, but they had the same problem.

We need to be able to access the site normally to investigate.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ben,

I can confirm that I'm experiencing the same issue as Nigel. The product edit screen in the admin area is not loading correctly and the server seems to end the connection before all the resources have been loaded.

If you're not facing any difficulty in accessing the admin area pages, it can be some proxy or GEO IP restriction enabled on the server. If that is the case, you can share the website's clone/snapshot so that we can investigate this on a different server.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Note: I've set your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

ben

hi Nigel and Waqar,

I think i know the reason you got a loading problem, and that might be one plugin I install, and I've deactivated it.

Could you try again if you still have the problem, if yes, I will go with your suggestion (I will share a clone).

Thank you very much,
Ben

ben

Oh, and you might need to do a full browser refresh if you still having the loading problem.

ben

hmmm, I just did quick test by myself: after I deactivated the plugin I mention above, I can save/store the content now. it's really wried.

I will keep this ticket open for a while, and I will do a few test here and there, and if everything is fine, I will close this ticket.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and glad that you're able to save/store the content now.

Please take your time and let us know, in case you need any further assistance.

ben

Hi Waqar,

I just notice that the issue happens again now, I don't think I added/activated any plugins or did something huge to the website.

Could you please log in the backend and help me on this?

Thank you so much!
Ben

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back and sorry to learn that the issue persists.

While accessing the product post edit screen, I'm still seeing a number of errors in the browser's console, related to the connection issues. It does seem like the server or domain configuration has something to do with this.

To confirm this, it would help, if you could share the website's clone/snapshot so that I can test this on a different server.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Note: Your next reply is set as private.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the duplicator package.

The admin area of your website's clone works without any connection issues on my test server which confirms that that is something specific to your host. For that, it would be best to get in touch with your hosting support team.

As for the actual report about the WYSIWYG field, I can save the field in the visual tab, if I enable the "Editor" option in the "Products" post type's settings.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Can you please confirm if this works on your actual website too?

The topic ‘[Closed] WYSIWYG’ is closed to new replies.