Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] wpv-forgot-password-form not working correctly

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 56 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

HI Luo

Are you able to do some debugging with this tomorrow please?

Kind regards
Simon

Your dev website is still using 30+ other plugins, I am not sure if it is appropriate time to deactivate plugins/theme in your website and I don't want to break your other works, since your duplicator package does not work in my localhost, it is possible to create another test site in your webserver, so I can deactivate plugins/theme, and setup a demo in it?

HI Luo

Yes unfortunately we need all those plugins, as they all serve a purpose. You can deactivate anything you want today. I'm working on another project. I can try to create a Duplicator Package myself but I can only get to that tomorrow. But please deactivate whatever you need to today on our dev. site.

Kind regards
Simon

I am trying to deactivate plugins/theme in your dev website, will update here if find anything

Hi Luo

I cloned our site to test.native-nanny.de successfully with Duplicator Pro (I didn't get any PHP errors, as you were specifiying). You can use the same login credentials there and disable any plugins you wish.

Let me know if you have any further problems. I would like to get a resolution to this ticket soon!

Thanks and kind regards
Simon

As I mentioned above, I can not reproduce the same problem with a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset + WPML plugins, In order to debug this issue, I need to deactivate plugins/theme in your website, but your test site is using other custom plugins/theme, until you can provide a test site with the same problem, and I can deactivate plugins/theme without breaking your other works.

Private message box enabled, again

Hi Luo

I have done some troubleshooting here to save you time. It looks like the plugin causing the issue is WPML Multilingual CMS.

When it is active there is a redirect happening to hidden link.

I took the following steps:
- Started with just Toolset plugins - OK
- Then activated all others except anything related to WooCommerce or WPML - OK
- Activated WPML Multilingual CMS

When it is active there is a redirect happening to hidden link

With all other plugins active, except for WPML Multilingual CMS, I can successfully reset the user's password via hidden link

As soon as I activate WPML Multilingual CMS, it no longer works with the following hidden link (ie with the language subdirectory)

I hope this saves you some time in getting this ticket solved. We really need a solution soon!

Thanks and regards
Simon

I have tried these in your website:
1) Deactivate all other plugins except Toolset plugins + WPML plugins, and switch to WordPress default theme 2021
2) Open the URL you mentioned above
hidden link

It does not work, it is displaying disabled inputs, those inputs are hardcoded HTML codes, you can check them here:
hidden link

Have you ever tried to deactivate other plugins in your website?

Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 11.46.19.png

HI Luo

You can use your test user (see screenshot) to test what I described in:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wpv-forgot-password-form-not-working-correctly/page/2/#post-2240047

since with that user you will get the emails. I changed the role of that user from Subscriber to Native Nanny so you won't get any restrictions from Toolset Access.

Please follow my test in https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wpv-forgot-password-form-not-working-correctly/page/2/#post-2240047 and you should see that that it only does not work when the plugin "WPML Multilingual CMS" is active.

Kind regards
Simon

Thanks for the details, I am checking it in your website, will update here if find anything

I am trying to export database dump file and duplicate the same problem in my localhost, will update here if find anything

duplicator-error1.png
duplicator-error2.png

The duplicator exported from your website does now work, there are lots of errors when install it, and the database tables are broken, can not even open the wp-login.php page, see my screenshots.

I am trying other ways to export the database dump file from your website, will update here if find anything

Hi Luo

We have discovered this as well recently when trying to move to test.native-nanny.de. Minesh from your support group was able to install a duplicator copy and saw the same issues. Then he installed All-in-One WP Migration and it worked. (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/categories-tags-missing-in-dev-custom-taxonomies-missing-in-migrated-site/)

Perhaps you could use the All-in-One WP Migration to make a local copy and do your testing there?

Also, when you say the database tables are broken, are you making a general statement or have you identified issues with certain tables in particular?

Kind regards
Simon

Hi Luo

SnapCreek (authors of Duplicator Pro) identified the issue with our faulty Duplicator Packages. Having the setting Duplicator Pro > Settings > Packages > Database > SQL Mode set to Mysqldump was causing the faulty packages. They changed this in our settings to PHP Code and now the packages are creating successfully. So you should be able to take a Duplicator package and use it straight away.

Kind regards
Simon