Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WordPress archive not editable in the backend

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulN-5 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Toolset views are not displaying in the backend on Toolset archive pages, so they cannot be edited.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

This is the new support ticket and I'm setting your next reply as private, so that you can share the duplicator package.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the duplicator package.

Although I can see the issue on your website's clone, I couldn't reproduce this on a new install.

However, I did notice that on your website's clone too, the issue is limited only to the existing WordPress Archives and if a new one is created, it is editable normally, without any error.

I've shared these findings with the concerned team for further review and will keep you updated through this ticket.

Thank you for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

Hi, just checking to see if there's any progress on this?

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for waiting and I've received an update from the development team.

An issue like this can be faced if some posts required for the WordPress Archives functionalities are removed from the database.
( this could be a result of database migration or if some optimization plugin has deleted the draft posts )

To safely proceed with a fix for this, I'll suggest these steps:

1. Please make a complete backup copy of the website.

2. Update all plugins especially Toolset plugins to the latest versions.

3. Using a database management tool like "phpMyAdmin", you'll delete all posts from the "{table_prefix}posts" table, where the "post_type" is "wpa_helper".

Assuming, the table prefix set on your website is "wp_", the SQL query will look like this:

DELETE FROM `wp_posts` WHERE `post_type` LIKE 'wpa_helper'

Note: If you face any difficulty in performing this step on your own, you can also consult your hosting support team to do this for you.

Once, these "wpa_helper" type posts are deleted, the existing WordPress Archives will be able to add back the required posts, automatically.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Thanks for your assistance with this. I tried the method you had suggested but unfortunately it replaced the views with empty shortcodes. I managed to work around this by importing a slightly outdated section of the wp_posts section of the database and everything works as it should now.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.