Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Woocommerce product categoreis are not displaying

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author
Capture.PNG

I am trying to:
Use views to create and display a custom post type "Eggsperts"

I visited this URL:
hidden link

I expected to see:
All the products in that category

Instead, I got:
An error message -
"You need to select a layout for this page. The layout selection is available in the page editor."

We need to know if there is any compatibility problem in your website, please check these:
1) you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
2) Dashboard-> Toolet-> Settings-> Layouts
Choose option "What the theme would output"
3) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again

I disabled all plugins.
Enabled Woocommerce
Enabled Types, Views, and Layouts.
Made sure the settings for layouts "What the theme would output"
As soon as I enabled Layouts the Woocommerce category page stopped working.

Please provide a database dump file of your website in below "private detail box", you can put the file in your own website, just provide the downloadable URL for it. I need to duplicate same problem and debug it in my localhost, thanks

The file you provided is too large to download, it is 2.5G size, I will take more than 24 hours to download it, are there any other files in it?
If there are, please replace the file with only database dump file,
I need only the database dump file, you can get the database dump file with mysql tools, for example: phpmyadmin,
Please let me know if you need assistance to get the database dump file.

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the file, will feedback if there is anything found

I can duplicate same problem, when I activate both Woocommerce plugin and Layouts plugin, the setting "What the theme would output" is disabled, so it is not possible to use the "What the theme would output" settings, you will need to create a layout and assign it to the taxonomy "Product categories" archive page, for example you can create a layout, click button "Change how this layout is used", Archives-> Taxonomy Archives:
Enable option "Product categories", and save.

In above layout, you can add a wordpress archive cell, use Views wordpress archive to design the taxonomy archive page. see our document:
WordPress Archive Cell
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/wordpress-archive-cell/
WordPress Archive – Customizing the Appearance of Archive Pages
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/normal-vs-archive-views/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.