Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Woocommerce Bookings setup

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Hello, I'm creating a simple directory website with business profiles.
I'm trying to display a calendar with available booking times on each business profile.
Each business owner would be able to manage their own available times.
Is there documentation available for this scenario?

Plugins used: Woocommerce bookings
Is there any documentation that you are following?
I've searched through forums but did not find any documentation.
What is the link to your site?
hidden link
Here is a link to a business profile on the site: hidden link

Hi, Toolset does not provide most of the features you're looking for, I'm afraid. There is no built-in calendar display system available in Views, nor is there any direct integration between Toolset and WooCommerce Bookings. My guess is you would be creating most of this functionality with custom code, since Toolset does not offer many of these features. Realistically, at first glance I believe it would be impractical to use Toolset. I did a quick search and found this extension that seems to offer a calendar of availability for Bookings:
https://woocommerce.com/products/bookings-availability/
That page also indicates your vendors can manage their own availability via the Product Vendors extension:
https://woocommerce.com/products/product-vendors/

I think these solutions created by WooCommerce will be integrated more completely and effectively than anything you might be able to piece together with Toolset...which frankly does not meet many of the requirements you've described so far. The cost of the two additional extensions is far lower than the cost of the custom programming you'd need to accomplish something similar with Toolset.

Hello,
thank you for your help. If I understand it correctly, I would place the booking calendar on a content template created with toolset.
This way, it will show up on each business profile and when a business owner is logged in, he will be able to manage his own bookings - available times.
Assuming I will use the woocommerce plugins you've suggested.
Matt

If I understand it correctly, I would place the booking calendar on a content template created with toolset.
That sounds right, though I'm not really familiar with the WC Bookings extension and how it implements Business Profiles so I'm not entirely sure you can use Toolset Content Templates to design these posts. It depends on how Business Profiles are defined in the WooCommerce Bookings plugin system, and I don't have access to this extension to be able to test it out and tell you for sure one way or the other. In order to use Toolset's Content Templates effectively to design a post, the requirement is that the post must be registered as a public custom post type, following WordPress custom post type registration standards. The PHP template used to display these posts must use the_content(), since Toolset's templates are designed to hook into the_content() and override the default content there.

Some plugins create private post types instead of public post types - for example, WooCommerce Orders are not a public post type and cannot be designed using Content Templates. Other plugins don't follow WordPress custom post type registration standards. Toolset's Content Templates may not work as expected in those cases. So it is unclear to me if you'll be able to use Toolset's Content Templates for these Business Profiles, but if so, then you are correct. If you add a calendar to the Content Template applied to Business Profile posts, that calendar would appear in each Business Profile post.

Hi Christian, thank you for your input. I will go ahead and purchase the above plugins to woo and try to implement your suggestion. Hope it'll work.
... "I'm not really familiar with the WC Bookings extension and how it implements Business Profiles"
I can provide access if that would help you to see how the WC Bookings works?
Matt

I can provide access if that would help you to see how the WC Bookings works?
It's probably not necessary at this point. Once you have WC Bookings installed, you should be able to create a new Content Template in Toolset > Content Templates. In the right sidebar of the block editor, you should be able to see a panel "Usage", where your native and custom post types are displayed. If Business Profile is listed there, that means it is a public post type. Usually this indicates that Toolset's Content Templates will have at least some impact on the overall design of those posts on the front-end.

If that's unclear, or if it doesn't seem to be working as expected, I'll be glad to take a closer look.

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 9.00.44 AM.png

I've checked under Content templates and it seems, that the custom type PROS is listed there. It should be a public post type as you've mentioned.
I'll try to make it work over the weekend and post the result here.
Thank you,

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Matt,

As Christian is on vacation, I will be doing the follow up here.

Were you able to have any success with our Toolset plugins and the WC Bookings plugin ?

Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 9.11.40 PM.png

Hi Shane,
thank you for the follow-up. No, I'm still trying to make Toolset work with WC Bookings as described in my first message.
I've followed Christian's advice. From what I see, it should work, but I'm not sure what I'm missing.
I'm not sure how to add a WC Bookings calendar to the Toolset's content template (Named PRO).
I did ad a Test Booking Product, but that does not solve anything.
Do you have any advice on how to add a Booking Calendar on the Toolset's content template, where each user (profile owner/business owner) will be able to manage their own booking times?
Here is a link to a business profile:
hidden link
Attached is a screenshot with the Test Booking Product showing on a business profile.
Thank you,
Matt

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Matt,

The WC Bookings plugin may have a shortcode that you can use to manually add the calendar. What you can do is to contact their support team and check with them to see if they have a shortcode that can be used.

If they do then you should just be able to add this shortcode to your content template and the calendar should show up.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.