Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Woocommerce Blocks give critical error after installation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user was getting a fatal error from WooCommerce Blocks.

Solution:
This error Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() means that the Multibyte String PHP extension(mbstring) is missing in your server.

Check with your hosting provider and ask to enable the Multibyte String extension. It is a Toolset requirement https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

If you are using cPanel or a similar hosting interface, you can enable it on the PHP extensions page.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by philipC-4 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I am trying to: install Woocommerce Blocks but it continues to give a critical error when installation has completed.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: woocomerce blocks in the toolset dashboard

Instead, I got: critical error

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To investigate fatal errors, activate PHP debugging, trigger the error again and check the debug file for errors. They will reveal the origin of the issue.
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#php-debugging

If you need to recover your website from these fatal errors, you can disable plugins manually using FTP hidden link

I'll need to have access to your website and FTP access to better check this. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Thank you! I confirm the credentials are working for me.

However, this error Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() means that the Multibyte String PHP extension(mbstring) is missing in your server.

Please check with your hosting provider and ask to enable the Multibyte String extension. It is a Toolset requirement https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

If you are using cPanel or a similar hosting interface, you can enable it in PHP extensions page.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.