Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Why is this the defualt?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

If you just use the 2021 theme as an example, and you add a container and add a bg to it to see the issue easily , the alignment by default is NOT full width, we have a toggle for wide and for full, so the default should be narrow, not 100% of the editor. you apply the follow style on the back end for the alignment if nothing is added...

body .wp-block[data-type^="toolset"]:not([data-align^="full"]), body div:not([class]) > .block-editor-block-list__layout > .wp-block:not([data-align^="full"]), body .tb-container > .block-editor-inner-blocks > .block-editor-block-list__layout > .wp-block:not([data-align^="full"]) {
max-width: 100% !important;
width: 100% !important;
}

I always override this in my editor-styles with something like the below, but I'm confused why the above is ever needed because you are forcing a "normal" aligned block to become an align-full basically there are alignment in most themes for the .wp-block class I see no reason to override that on an non-aligned block

.wp-block,
.wp-block[data-type^="toolset"]:not([data-align^="full"]),
div:not([class]) > .block-editor-block-list__layout > .wp-block:not([data-align^="full"]),
.tb-container > .block-editor-inner-blocks > .block-editor-block-list__layout > .wp-block:not([data-align^="full"]) {
max-width: $wrapper-width-base !important;
z-index: 10;
}

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I was able to reproduce this behaviour on my test website too and noticed that with the default block alignment setting, the container block covers the full available width of the editor.

I've shared this feedback with the concerned team for further review and appreciate you brought this forward.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.