Skip Navigation

[Resolved] when I viewed my site, there was hacked information displaying

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

I wanted to show my horses for sale page, and when I viewed it, there was x rated text on there.
How did someone do that. I don't have the submission page available to public? I deleted those entries, but won't to keep anyone else from publishing any information. This is my own site and. no one uses it but me. I do have clients that use this system, so I need to protect everyone.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

From the Toolset point of view, the only way to submit content is via Toolset Forms.

I suggest that you make sure you enable the captcha functionality to your forms:

For more information:

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/protecting-forms-from-spam/

But as a general rule, you need to take WordPress security as a whole and make it secure.

The Google search below might be a good start for your research:

hidden link..69i57j0i22i30l4j0i15i22i30.3039j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thank you.

Well my forms are not made public, since I am the only one that submits the information. But I guess I can add the captcha to it anyways. But then again, anyone can still fill out the form. I'll read your links you sent and try to figure out more.
thanks.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

If there are certain users that have access to the form you can use the method below:

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/controlling-access-to-front-end-forms/

But the captcha is still needed to avoid any sort of bot somehow accessing the form.

Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.