Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When I change the conditional option, the fields don’t appear

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

When I change the conditional group option in Toolset post form, the fields in the conditional group don't appear on the view page.

Solution:

There are "Conditional display" settings in custom fields, you can remove them, then test again.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by GinaM9227 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
issue1.png
issue2.png

I have a one issue
Now I am making the new product page with Toolset
When I change the conditional group option, the fields in the conditional group don't appear on the view page.
I am not sure why this happen
Please help me

ps: I changed the conditional option from [Is event ] to [Product type]

Hello,

How do you setup the custom field "Product type"? with Toolset Types plugin or other plugin?
Please take a screenshot for it, I need to test it in my localhost, thanks

product_type.png

I used Toolset

I have tried it in my localhost with a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, use the same settings as your screenshots same as your screenshot, the conditional groups works fine, please check these in your website:

1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

I have enabled the private message box, in case you need more assistance for it.

Thanks for the details, I can login your website, will update here if find anything

Please check these:
1) Edit field group:
hidden link
find and edit field "Nearest Transport Stop", in section "Conditional display", you are using condition: Is Event = 1

2) Edit post form:
hidden link
line 54, I have added the "Is Event" field into form:
[cred_field field="is-event" force_type="field" class="form-control" output="bootstrap"]

3) Test it in front-end:
hidden link

enable option "Is Event", I can see it works fine, please check if it is fixed. thanks

Thank you for your help
I know it

At first time I set the [Is event] conditional field in there, at that time all fields were shown
Recently I changed the conditional fields from [Is event] to [Product type],
After setting it, the all fields disappeared.

It seems like Toolset Issue.

Please check it again
Thank you

is-event.JPG

Please check as I mentioned above:
Edit field group:
hidden link
find and edit field "Nearest Transport Stop", in section "Conditional display", you are still using condition: Is Event = 1

Where and how did you change the conditional fields from [Is event] to [Product type]?
please provide detail steps to duplicate the problem, thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.