Skip Navigation

[Resolved] when choosing filters, content dissapear

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

filtering not working
content dissapears

hidden link

hidden link
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

The content disappears because when you apply the sort it submits the complete set of filters, including location="", destination="" etc., and there are no matching posts.

Can you please elaborate on what these filters are and how you set them up?

What if I want to just sort the whole list, without filters (sort all results)
How can I fix that.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thanks for writing back.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how these views and the sorting filters are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting as we had some unusually busy forum queues, over the weekend.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that in the archive "ARF Bureau Archives", the sorting by the "Folder" option was not working, because the incorrect field was selected in its "Sorting Controls" block's options.

In the list, there are two fields with the name "ARF Bureau Archives Folder", but one with the slug 'folder' and the other with the slug 'arf-bureau-archives-folder'.
( screenshot: hidden link )

The second one is the correct one as it is set in the field group 'Field Group for ARF Bureau Archives'. I selected that field in the sorting option's settings and now sorting by the 'Folder' option is also showing results.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

same is happening for document number also
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting as we were a little light on the coverage, due to the holidays.

Just as the folder field, there were two fields with the name 'ARF Bureau Archives Document Number'. I've selected the correct field in the sorting option's settings and sorting by this option is also working now:
/arf-bureau-archive/?wpv_view_count=12707&wpv_post_search=&wpv-wpcf-section=&wpv-wpcf-author=&wpv-wpcf-arfba-location=&wpv-wpcf-destination=&wpv_sort_orderby=field-wpcf-arf-bureau-archives-document-number&wpv_orderby=field-wpcf-arf-bureau-archives-document-number&wpv_sort_order=asc&wpv_order=asc&wpv_sort_orderby_as=numeric

everything is working except location

Waqar
Supporter

I've checked the "ARF Bureau Archives Location" field and it is a select field with only option "Option title 1".

There are 5 published 'ARF Bureau Archives' posts but none of those have any value saved for this field. Can you please save some values for this field with these posts and then check the sorting by it, again?

Some fields might not have values
how doe sorting work with those?
It hides them?

Waqar
Supporter

The post where the 'sorted by field' has no value, will be treated as 0 or an empty value.

That record will be shown as the first record when sorted in 'ascending' order and last in 'descending' order.

So what happens if some fields have content and some don't
what happens to the ones that are empty?

Waqar
Supporter

> So what happens if some fields have content and some don't

- When a record of tables is sorted/ordered by a specific field/column, only that column's content/values will be considered not the ones from the other fields/columns.

> what happens to the ones that are empty?

- As mentioned in my last reply, the posts/records where the 'sorted by field' has no value, will be treated as 0 or an empty value.

That post/record will be shown as the first record when sorted in 'ascending' order and last in 'descending' order.

If you still have some reservations or doubts, please share some actual examples of records/data and I'll guide you accordingly.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.