Skip Navigation

[Resolved] What is the correct syntax for linking text with url type shortcode?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MargeP6083 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I'm trying to link text with a shortcode. I've tried these two ways that don't seem to work.

<a href="[types field='website-imdb-link'][/types]" target="_blank”>some text here</a>
<a href="[types field='website-imdb-link' output='raw'][/types]" target="_blank”>some text here</a>

Output is:
<a href="hidden link" target="_blank”>some text here</a>
<a href="hidden link" target="_blank”>some text here</a>

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/showing-link-text-as-link-shortcode-in-shortcode/

I am using Beaver themer to insert cred fields.

Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand, you have a custom URL field created using Types and you want to display the URL with anchor tag to display it as a link. If this is true:

You can use the same way to build link using the anchor tag with caption as given under:

<a href="[types field='website-imdb-link' output='raw'][/types]" target="_blank"> Add your caption </a>

If I misunderstood your requirement, please correct me.

That is what I did and it is not working in a typical text editor on a Beaver Themer page builder Layout (template for profile).

Editor:
hidden link
Output:
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

It looks like shortcode is broken due to single quotes not closed correctly.

Can you pelase try the following:

<a href="[types field='website-imdb-link' output='raw'][/types]" target="_blank"> My Web Link </a>

Can you please confirm and check if the above code help you to resolve your issue.

Minesh
Supporter

I checked I've login details with another ticket and I adjusted the code and I can see its working:
=> hidden link

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.