Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views with BETA

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ScottM9386 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,

Are you guys taking support questions about displaying relationships with BETA?
I can't get it to work - but maybe that's just because things aren't ironed out. I'll wait if need be.

Thanks!
Scott.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - here is the complete Doc available for new post relationship:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/

On right sidebar you will find more topics about how you can display related child posts etc..etc.. using new post relationship.

Hi Minesh,

First, is it still the case that you can't yet display fields of intermediary posts in a many 2 many?
My situation is a bit more complex I think then what's in the docs, and I figured a bit on my own.
My CPTs:
Track - Alias (one to many)
Alias - Pitch (many to many with no intermediary post. Pitch has a post reference field to a CPT called "Client")
Track - writer (many to many WITH an intermediary post which has fields)

Basically I want to display all data as a table.
I figured out how to display everything together but I can't get the track - writer relationship into it.
My view currently shows:
Track fields - Alias fields - Pitch fields - Pitch post reference (Client)

I just can't figure out how to get writer into it.
I can do this in the Stable/ current version of Toolset (though there we don't have the option of the post reference so my set-up was just slightly different.)

Thanks!
Scott.

Minesh
Supporter

First, is it still the case that you can't yet display fields of intermediary posts in a many 2 many?
==> Yes - you can able to create intermediary post fileds when you create M2M relationship using.

You said: "I just can't figure out how to get writer into it."
- What exactly you want to display and what fields you want to display and on which page/post?

Hi Minesh,

I didn't ask whether it was possible to CREATE fields of intermediary post, I asked:
"is it still the case that you can't yet display fields of intermediary posts in a many 2 many?"

I've created the following view, as a table (to display all results)

What I want and can't figure out:
Track fields - Alias fields - Pitch fields - Pitch post reference (Client) - Writer fields - Track-Writer fields

Track-Writer is the intermediary (with fields) between Track and Writer.

Thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

So - to display the intermediary post type fields you should use the:

[types field="field-slug" item="@relationship.association"]*

Where:
For example:
- You have birthdate field with slug birthdate with intermediary post type and posttype slug is track-writer

So you should try to display the intermediary field as:

[types field="birthdate" item="@track-writer.association"]
Capture.JPG

Hi Minesh,

Thank you, that's great to know.
That's only one half of my original question however, and I will be more detailed here.
The 2nd 1/2 of my original question:

"My CPTs:
Track - Alias (one to many)
Alias - Pitch (many to many with no intermediary post. Pitch has a post reference field to a CPT called "Client")
Track - writer (many to many WITH an intermediary post which has fields)

Basically I want to display all data as a table.
I figured out how to display everything together EXCEPT I can't get the track - writer RELATIONSHIP into it.
My view currently shows:
Track fields - Alias fields - Pitch fields - Pitch post reference (Client)"

So you see from above I have a CPT called "writer" that's related to "track" in a many to many relationship with an intermediary CPT called "track-writer"

I've created the following view, as a table (to display all results)

What I want and can't figure out:
Track fields - Alias fields - Pitch fields - Pitch post reference (Client) - Writer fields - Track-Writer fields

I can't figure out how to get the "writer" fields into my table.

I created this view as a table:
by starting with a view with Alias as content selection, nesting views of pitches in it to get the Pitches data and using [wpv-post-link item="@add-alias-to-track.parent"] to get Track data.
But how do I get writer data into it?

Attached is an image (a partial view) of my VIEW using Alias as content selection that lets me get the table:
BUT I want the table:

And I don't know how to get it.
And can do it with the pre-BETA version.

Thank you!
Scott.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - you have complex relationship - I need to check and understand on your install with problem URL where exactly you want to display what.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Capture3.JPG

Hi Minesh,

Hm...I don't think it's that complex, but if you really need to get into the back-end we can do that.
I can achieve this view with the current version, and as Juan said here:
https://toolset.com/2018/03/toolset-beta-with-support-in-cred-and-layouts-for-relationship-forms/
"Finally, our goal is not only that you can do whatever you were doing in previous versions of Views. We want to go beyond that."

Can you please look at the attached image I made of the relationships - I think it will be a lot easier to understand when you see the diagram.
Like I said, if you still need to get into the back-end then I'll send the info.

Thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

Well - Yes, I need backend login details as I need to check which content you are displaying currently. Please let me know which view you are using and where you want to display the said table.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I've created this view to display the writer names:
=> hidden link

I do not see any value for your field writer share - there must be something wrong with it.
=>hidden link

Capture.JPG

Hi Minesh,

Thank you, that's great! Much appreciated.
Writers share field is there (a field in "Tracks Writers Intermediary ".) The reason you couldn't see it in the admin columns is I'm using Admin Columns Pro and it's not working correctly with Toolset BETA. You can see it now. (see screen shot).

So what's the code to get the Writers share field data in there?

Thank you!
Best,
Scott.

Capture2.JPG

Also...
why does it say "no items found" under each writer name for a single track?
There's only 2 writers assigned to this track, both of which are displayed yet it says "no items found" under each.
Please see screen shot.

Thanks.

627822-Capture3.JPG

I see it says "no items found" because you nested "display-share-info" in "report-display-writers"
But doing that is NOT going to achieve the layout of a table.
Please refer to the attached image for the view/ layout I'm trying to achieve.
I can do this in the current version so I should be able to do it in BETA.

Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please check now - hidden link

I've modified the view accordingly that display's the share field information - could you please check - is this OK:
=> hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.