Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views vs Blocks

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

The site was build using Views (pre-Blocks) and we're making some major design/layout changes. I think that it makes sense to keep using Views rather than convert to Blocks, as the bulk of the logic remains unchanged. But I just want to confirm that it will continue to be supported/updated? Will it ever be necessary to re-create existing template logic in Blocks?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The Toolset Blocks is designed to be used on new websites, where you're using Gutenberg as the main/primary page builder.

But, if you'd prefer to keep using the WordPress' classic editor or any third-party page builder where shortcodes and HTML tags are combined, then you can keep using Toolset Views legacy editor. We have no plans to deprecate the support of those features.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.