Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views: Pagination not Reloading Map, click 'Next' and displays Africa

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adrian Robbins 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ade,

If you've managed to reproduce the issue on a completely new website too, then it is interesting, because Nigel and I couldn't on our test websites. The map refreshes as expected with AJAX pagination and we didn't even have to include any custom script.

Although, I've already shared the cleaned down version of your website's clone with the concerned team, I'm setting your next reply as private again, so that you can share admin access details of this new website as well. This should facilitate in this invstigation.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar

Thank you for your message, and we have resolved the issue with the maps 😃

It was so simple when we realized what was causing the problem.

So, basically, you can't use the new Views Block editor for anything like this! You have to use the original Legacy View system.

Whoever coded the new Views Block for some reason didn't allow a map to be added, which is bizarre, and it therefore needed to be added outside of the view loop. Why they did this is a mystery because it works fine with the Legacy system. But if you try with the newest Views Block, you get a warning message, and it will not add the map.

Maybe it's a bug???

However with the legacy system, you can load a map with the other fields, and this means that when you click the pagination button, it loads the new map coordinates and the map refreshes correctly!

<h2><b>[wpv-post-title]</b></h2>
<div style="margin: 30px 0px 30px 0px;">[types field='accommodation-introduction'][/types]</div>
<div>
[wpv-map-render map_id="map-10" map_height="400px"][/wpv-map-render]
[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-10' marker_id='marker-10' marker_field='wpcf-accommodation-address-map'][/wpv-map-marker]
</div>

To be honest, with the legacy system, and straightforward HTML, you have far more flexibility and it works.

So, there were no conflicts with Divi Themes, Plugins, Kadence Pro Tabs or anything.

Many thanks for all your help with this, and please pass on our thanks to Nigel.

Kind regards
Ade

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.