Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Okay, I've been using this with success for some time, but it has stopped working.

[wpv-view name="guide-eats-by-town" limit="5" ids="5876,16887,12578,8595"]

It shows only one post. I've checked the View itself and nothing has changed. Can you help? Thanks.

hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

post-ID-query-filter.png

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've performed some tests on my website with a similar post ID filter and shortcode attribute and it worked as expected.

Can you please make sure that the view still has the post ID filter linked to the 'ids' shortcode attribute?
( example screenshot attached )

regards,
Waqar

Still here, just got back from 2 days in the hospital. Please keep this open, thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 6.47.03 PM.png

Hey Waqar, thanks!

Here's what I've got:

[wpv-view name="guide-eats-by-town" limit="5" ids="5876,16887,12578,8595"]

The page is hidden link

Same here: hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back and hope you're feeling better now.

In the case the filtering by the shortcode attribute is still not working as expected, I'll need to see how this view and the pages are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

I've checked the view and two posts that you've mentioned and I couldn't find any abnormality.

The view "Guide Eats by Town" is set with not only the query filter for the specific 'IDs', but also for the taxonomy filters for the "Towns" and "Areas by Proximity" taxonomies, connected to the page where the view is shown.

1. The "The Villages of Barrett" post:

Town taxonomy term: Cresco
Areas by Proximity term: none

Out of the 4 posts that this view's shortcode instance is calling by IDs attribute only 2 posts "Basso Italian" and "Crescent Lodge Restaurant" share a common 'Cresco' town taxonomy with the "The Villages of Barrett" post, none of them share a common, areas by proximity term. And on the front end, only the "Basso Italian" post is showing because the "Crescent Lodge Restaurant" post is in 'draft' status.

2. The "Honesdale" post:

Town taxonomy term: Honesdale
Areas by Proximity term: Beach Lake Honesdale, Carbondale Waymart Prompton Honesdale

Out of the 5 posts that this view's shortcode instance is calling by IDs attribute 4 of them are showing on the front end. The "Black & Brass on the Avenue" post is not showing because it shares neither the "Towns" nor the "Areas by Proximity" taxonomy term with the "Honesdale" post.

I hope this makes it more clear and please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.