Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View templates and Divi

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 19.29.54.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Custom fields and view in Divi. I get to the following page and can't launch the Divi builder, it just comes back to this page. I have disactivated the Divi experience and activated the classic editor.
Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I believe that this content template was created using Divi while still using Divi 3. With Divi 4, the old Toolset Integration is not stable anymore. It's not stable to edit content templates using the Divi builder anymore, and we have published about it here https://toolset.com/2020/01/how-to-build-advanced-sites-with-toolset-and-divi/

The recommendation with Divi 4 is:

You should not mix Divi and Toolset elements on the same page, to avoid compatibility issues and make sure that what you build now will keep working in the future.

Otherwise, you should stick with Divi 3.

Recently, with Toolset Blocks 1.4, we introduced a new partial integration on a View module, that allows to include a Toolset View inside Divi Builder. Elegant Themes has published about it here hidden link
We published about it here https://toolset.com/2021/01/toolset-blocks-1-4-brings-dynamic-sources-and-inline-fields-to-popular-block-plugins/
And here https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-divi/

However, and regarding this particular issue, we have noticed that Divi 4 has introduced a meta field for posts edited with Divi, the meta _et_pb_use_builder" set to "on". Divi 3 did not have this meta. This meta can be created by:
- Clicking on the link "Stop using Divi Builder for this Content Template" to stop using Divi. Check this screenshot hidden link
- Then clicking on the Divi Builder button to start editing again in the Divi Builder.
But, the "Fields&Views" button does not work as expected anymore. You will need to add shortcodes manually. And, again, this is not supported anymore.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks Jamal
This is all a bit techie for me but have I understood that I can combine Toolset Post Types and Fields using Divi with the Toolset Views module?
I ask because if that is not the case I will ask for a refund. I renewed my Toolset subscription under the impression that I could do what was possible in Divi 3. There is no obvious warning of this when subscribing on your site.
Thanks for letting me know.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Well, with Divi 4 the old integration is not stable as with Divi 3 and we recommend not mixing Divi and Toolset elements on the same page.

Did you try this manipulation?
- Clicking on the link "Stop using Divi Builder for this Content Template" to stop using Divi. Check this screenshot hidden link
- Then clicking on the Divi Builder button to start editing again in the Divi Builder.

Please note that the refund needs to be asked 30 days after the purchase.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.