Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View Query Filter isn't working in Multisite Environment

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by claudiaP 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I'm attempting to use Toolset in a Multisite Environment. On the demo site in question I have Locations (post type) and Physicians set up in a many to many relationship.

On the main site in the Multisite Environment when I apply a query filter to show all physicians at a location (or vice versa) I get the desired result here: hidden link

When I use the identical filter on one of the multisites the same Provider View returns nothing. Here: hidden link - at the bottom.

The views and query filters used are the same, as are the locations and physicians as they've been duplicated. I also tried deleting the locations at physicians relationship and created a new one, and then used that in the query filter but that didn't fix the problem.

Is there an issue with having the same post types on the main site and the subsites? (Physicians, Locations).
I need to be able to duplicate the subsite onto more multisites with the same post types and have the view query work. Is it a URL issue? If I remove the query the view will show all of the physicians, so the view is working fine, it's just the query filter that isn't.
Thanks!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The first link shows a 'page not found' message, whereas, on the second link, I see the blank view under the 'Providers' heading.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how this view is set up in the admin area. Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Have you been able to look into this? It's strange because the query filter appears to be working when I view the locations content template in the block editor - I can see the correct corresponding physicians displayed - but then it doesn't translate to the live display. Thank you for any help with this.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the access details.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that the location post in question ('San Clemente'), didn't have any 'Physicians' post attached to it through the relationship.

I connected one 'Physicians' post to the test and the view is showing it correctly under the providers.

Now I feel silly. I cloned the location and physician data from the main website in the multisite environment and all the data passed through except for the relationship info - I didn't even think to check.

The obvious solution in this case is also the easiest. Thanks for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.