Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View – Person Published Content no longer works as before

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a Query Filter set up to filter by a custom field checkboxes group. The value of the field is set by the current post's title, using a shortcode attribute in the View shortcode. For one specific value, the filter doesn't work correctly.

Solution: Check the capitalization. In this case, one word in the checkbox value was uncapitalized but the post title was capitalized. This caused false positives in the filter.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kristofG 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

That won't really help me solve the problem, only confirm it exists. I need to work locally where I can evaluate code execution, monitor server logs, and inspect the database real-time. Then I can pass that information to my 2nd tier team for further investigation.

Ok, let me know what info you need.

If I can log in to wp-admin and install the Duplicator Pro plugin, I can probably get what I need. I will need login credentials. If logging into wp-admin isn't an option, I can work with a clone you create yourself. I would prefer a Duplicator clone or a clone made with All-in-One WP Migration.

It looks like a capitalization difference. The checkbox value is "Itinera talks" but the post title is "Itinera Talks". These should be identical.

OMG, did not even think of checking capitalization of the checkbox in the CPT.
You have a very keen eye! Kudos and thank you very much !

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.