Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View Display Options

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

We now have a 4 column archive view for our custom post type Art, which display as a multi-row grid on a dedicated page.

However, we would like to post a similar view on the Home Page that will only display single 4 column row (the 4 latest post type submissions), with either pagination for the remaining post type archive or a link to the archive page.

1. I create a second view for placement on the Home Page but I can not determine how to limit the view to a single row. The Grid Settings panel on allowed of column count, not row count.

2. Can we create a similar view for the header image as a single column full-width, single image (single row) display, to consistently show the latest single post type submission?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

items-to-display-settings.png

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

> 1. I create a second view for placement on the Home Page but I can not determine how to limit the view to a single row.
> The Grid Settings panel on allowed of column count, not row count.

- The number of rows can be controlled by the total number of results to show, through the "Items to display" settings.
( example screenshot attached )

For example, if you've set the view to show the results in 4 columns and would like to limit the results to only a single row, then you can set the "Items to display" limit to '4'. Likewise, for two rows, you can change that to '8' and so on.

> 2. Can we create a similar view for the header image as a single column full-width, single image (single row) display,
> to consistently show the latest single post type submission?

- Yes, you can create a similar view and since you only need to show a single most recent post, you'll set "Items to display" to '1', in this case.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.