Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using the "Price" Search Filter

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screenshot_191.jpg

Hello,

We are trying to use the "Price" Search Filter on this test-site but do not know how to activate the filter.

We have a Custom Field for Price already but the filter remains at 0.

What is the correct way to use this filter?

Thank you.

Screenshot_192.jpg

I have searched Toolset documentation and I can find no specific instructions on how to set up a Price search option. There are plenty of screenshot display price min and max range but zero documentation on how to actually set one up.

All of your general document references are several years old and offer zero specific reference to setting up a price search.

Price range slider -or- Side by Side Searchable Min and Max Price Range fields as soon in many of your screenshots, either solution.

Can you please share some information on how to specifically create a Price search?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Can you clarify, you are not using WooCommerce (where products have a price)? You are using a custom field for price for some post type that is unrelated to WooCommerce?

Because the price product filter you can insert into a View is specifically for the price field of WooCommerce products.

Can you clarify what you are filtering where, and we can guide you as to what the options are and how to implement it.

Screenshot_194.jpg

Hollo,

I may have made a mistake. I thought all Toolset custom fields were searchable.

I originally created the site for artwork display only. But recently the client has wanted to offer items on the display site for sale and I have yet to discover how to convert the display views to shop views.

However, at the very least I am trying to provide better search options and we were hoping that the visitors could search between the range of prices determined by the custom field, or other field option, such as that shown in the attached screenshot.

Thank you.

Hello,

How do you setup the "Price" field?
Is it Woocommerce built-in "Price" field or a custom number field created with Toolset Types plugin?

Screenshot_195.jpg

Hello,

I created the field as a Toolset custom field Price USD as the field source.

Woocommerce has been activated and setup on the live version of the test-site.

Part of the problem is that this site was originally setup for just display but now the focus has turned to offering products for purchase. I understand that the Price range search field we were attempting to use is for Woocommerce.

If it is possible, can you please advise us on how to convert the current item pages to woocommerce shop pages

price-filter.jpg

Yes, you can follow our document to setup the price range filter on Woocommerce Price field:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/building-a-custom-woocommerce-shop-page/
See my screenshot price-filter.JPG

But you will need to setup the shop page(WordPress Archive for post type "Products") manually, feel free to create new ticket if there is other new issues.

To convert the current single item content template to a Woocommerce shop page, can I build a Woocommerce shop page on the same site without interrupting the current display?

Once the WooCommerce Shop Page has been built, will it dynamically link to the existing post type single items?

No, as I mentioned above, you need to design the shop page manually from scratch, so it depends on your website current display, if you can copy those existed design to the new shop WordPress Archive, then it will not interrupt the current display.

The Woocommerce shop page is "Product" post type archive page, the post type "Product" is Woocommerce built-in product post type, which is different from your existed custom pos type, so it won't link to your existing post type single items

Thank you for sharing that information.

There are currently 488 single items. Once the new Woocommerce Shop Page has been constructed for the "Products" post type, will we have to recreate each item individually?

You can recreated those product posts manually, or you can use other plugins to to import the product posts:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/product-import-export-for-woo/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.