Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using shortcodes with toolset custom field

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screenshot-2023-11-19-at-3.14.31 PM.jpg

Hi, I would like my client to add different calendars for each posting. Therefore, I need a custom field in which my client can enter a shortcode to visualize every calendar dynamically on the post.

I don't think that it is possible to do through custom fields. Is there any recommended way to do this?

There is one more question. I am using a dynamic image gallery which gives incredible flexibility. However, the gallery on the mobile version shows all pictures one by one users have to scroll down 4-5 pictures to reach the content. Is it the default setting or happening only on my website?

Is there any recommendation to keep the same pattern and once users click on the pictures, it becomes a pop-up slider?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Are you using any third-party plugin to show these different calendars? To suggest an efficient way to achieve this, I'll need to see how this shortcode for the calendar works in the admin area.

Can you please share the temporary admin login details, along with the link to the page where this calendar shortcode can be seen?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

For the gallery, it is the default behavior and is there to maintain responsiveness on smaller screens. Since the screen width is less on mobile screens, the images are shown stacked on top of each other, so that they can be properly viewed, without sideways scrolling or the image thumbnails becoming too small.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details, but I'm getting the incorrect password error message.

Can you please test the username and password again?
(I'm setting your next reply as private)

Please feel free to let me know if it doesn't work again. Thanks a lot!

Waqar
Supporter

The access details worked, thank you.

I added a single line type custom field 'Test Single Line Field' to the post type 'Homestays' and then saved the 'FAQ' shortcode as a value of this field, for the post 'test test'.

Next, I included this field's output at the bottom of the template 'Template for Homestays', through a 'Single Field' block.

The shortcode's content was successfully expanded on the front end, which means that his approach of storing shortcodes in the custom field works.
( screenshot: hidden link )

I've created separate tickets for your other questions and will follow up on them shortly.

Thank you Waqar!!

talatcanU confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-11-30 12:08:20.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.