Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Fields in Post Form e-mail notification

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hello, I am trying to insert Post Form's fields in the E-mail notification. In fact, I just need to send "the copy" of the Post Form to the author = current user.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-use-custom-placeholders-in-cred-notifications/

Unfortunately, I'm quite lost what exactly to put to the notification's body text and what to put to the functions.php

Is there a similar example that we can see?

Here I have the example of my fields in the Post Form body:

<div class="form-group">
<label>Název týmu</label>
[cred_field field='post_title' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>

<div class="form-group">
<label>Škola (celý název)</label>
[cred_field field='skola-cely-nazev' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>

<div class="form-group">
<label>Ulice a č. p.</label>
[cred_field field='ulice-a-c-p' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>

So I want to send the e-mail notification:

"Hello, here is the content of your submitted form:

Název týmu: xxx
Škola: xxx
Ulice a č. p: xxx

Take care!"

Many thanks for your help!
Best,

Jiri

Dear Jiri,

In your case, it does not need any custom PHP codes, you can use Types shortcode [types] to render the custom fields, for example:

Název týmu: %%POST_TITLE%%
Škola: [types field="skola-cely-nazev"][/types]
Ulice a č. p: [types field="ulice-a-c-p"][/types]

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.