Skip Navigation

[Closed] users – custom info

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Author

hi! I'm trying to see if something is possible...

I'm creating a membership site for young athletes. Since they are minors, the parents will need to have an account that they can then add their kids. OR the kid will have an account that will have an additional email address fields so that we can cc the parents on every email we send out about the membership. Is this something you think I could set up in Access, user roles, etc?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I believe that what you are trying to build can be a little easy or complex depending on the features set that you will be supporting.

I can imagine different ways:
- Using additional emails for parents.
- Creating separate accounts for children and parents with different Access roles.
- Using different profile posts for parents and children.
And maybe more ways...

Toolset Access can be used here, but I prefer to know more about your project to better advise.

Please note that complex queries, and relationships, are not supported for users, they are only available for posts. So, we suggest using a special custom post type to model a user. For example, we suggest using a custom post type "Profile" that will have only one post per user, that way we can create relationships with other post types and we can also restrict it with Access Roles.

So, I'll suggest that you check our tutorials about users, roles, custom post types, relationships, and of course views in our documentation index https://toolset.com/course-lesson/
I suggest also to check our lessons about memberships website https://toolset.com/course/wordpress-membership-sites/

Then, I will need more details on what features you will be offering on the site, then I think, I'll be able to give accurate advices.

The topic ‘[Closed] users – custom info’ is closed to new replies.