Skip Navigation

[Resolved] User confirmation link

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 12 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi, I like Toolset so much.

Is the latest version of CRED being able to send confirmation email?
If new users do not verify email, the server might have difficulty to send subsequent emails to users. This first email is to tell mail server that my website is not a spam and trustable for not sending any spam in future.

Ive seen these posts but that was last year and years back:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/email-confirmation-link-for-new-users-there-has-been-no-solution-yet/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-user-registration-form-with-email-confirmation-link/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/confirmation-link/

I hope there's good news on this matter.

Thanks Toolset team.

Hi! That would be a great feature but it's not yet implemented in CRED. Right now it's possible to send an email to the user when the form is submitted, but there is not a good way to restrict logins until the confirmation link is clicked. I will add your vote to this feature request so our developers are aware that more people are interested.

Christian

Can you add my vote for this feature too please? (or tell me how I do it myself!)

Thanks

I will do that!

Thanks very much Christian! You are awesome. Cant wait to see it in action. My site is hanging there waiting for this feature 🙂

Hi Christian, can i know if this can be done soon? Thanks very much.

Hi, unfortunately I do not have a timeline available for the implementation of this feature. I will keep you posted via this ticket if I hear any more information about it.

Hello, at this time our developers have decided not to move ahead with the development of a user confirmation link. I've noted that at least two people voted to continue, so if more people keep voting for this feature it may be picked up at a later time. If so, I will continue to update you here.

I'd like to vote for this feature as well, since it is a legal requirement in some European Countries to have a double opt in.

I will pass that information along to our developers, thanks for your input.

Can you add my vote for this feature too please?!

Your vote has been added, thanks.

Hi Christian,

I would like to have this feature too. Thanks.

Your vote has been added, thanks for the input.

Hello
I would like to have this feature too.
Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.