Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Use CPT created with Custom Post Type UI + ACF and Toolset Forms

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The customer asked if custom fields added through the ACF plugin can be used in Toolset Forms.

Solution:

Explained this is possible with some limitations and shared information about the "Manage non-Toolset Post Fields" feature.

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/letting-toolset-edit-custom-fields-created-by-other-plugins/

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

I want to use a CPT created with Custom Post Type UI and use it with Toolset Forms.
The problem is meanwhile I create the form, the fields created with ACF (advanced custom Fields Plugin) don't appears.

how can I use the fields created with ACF ?

best regards,
David

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

If you'll go to WP Admin -> Toolset -> Post Forms, you'll see a button "Manage non-Toolset Post Fields". This option can be used to map third-party (non-Toolset) custom fields to be used in the Toolset Forms, as explained in this guide:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/letting-toolset-edit-custom-fields-created-by-other-plugins/

Important note: This option will work for simpler fields, which store data as plain text and numerical values. But for more complex fields that store serialized data or data in a special format, it can result in unexpected results. For complex fields, it would be better to use the fields added through Toolset Types.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

cursos_ACF.jpg
cursos_TOOLSET.jpg
cursos_ACF_public_conf.jpg

When I go to "Manage non-Toolset Post Fields with Toolset Forms" and show fields for my CPT "cursos" I only can see one field and the CPT cursos have a lot of fields.

I attached screenshots about.

thanks,
David

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

For the non-Toolset custom fields to appear, it is important that at least one record exists for them in the database.

Please go to the edit screen of any one of your "cursos" CPT and make sure to fill values in all the fields from the ACF plugin and then save that post.

After that check the section for the non-Toolset custom fields again.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.