Skip Navigation

[Resolved] URGENT – Plugin is crashing the site.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
PHOTO-2022-08-17-11-49-27.jpg

I am trying to: Activate the plug in

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: The website crashes and shows an error until toolset plug in is deactivated

I need a developer to look into this issue or ask for a refund right away.

Our development team and designer have reviewed the issue many times and it is 100% sure the plug in is the problem. Please find attached the picture. if you are inspecting the site please communicate with me first 631-317-8028 that is my cell number.

Toolset WooCommerce Blocks This is the part of the plug in that is causing the issue. DO NOT ACTIVATE, otherwise the site will crash. Please talk to me first.

I share with you the admin credential. Please and i repeat, do NOT activate the "toolset WooCommerce Blocks" plugin. It crashes immediately with no access to the admin panel. The recovery process takes hours and it is very costly.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Have you checked the server's error logs, to see if any specific errors or warnings are logged, when the website crashes?

I'll also need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of your website, to investigate this on a different server. This way, your actual website won't be affected.

regards,
Waqar

Good Morning,

It is 8 am in NY now, my apologies i couldn't answer earlier.

My site is hosted in AWS and the AWS developers have checked the error logs but i can't tell you what they found as i didn't ask yesterday. if you want to check them please do so. if you need from me I'll be happy to make a remote session to check the server's logs via SSH accessing to the instance. It was 100% verified by the AWS developers that this plugin is causing the website crash.

You have my permission to download a clone of my website (most likely you will need access to AWS console as we already have a "in good condition" imaging of the site, i will just ask you to be very careful with any other setting and once the problem is resolved, to delete all information regarding the clone.

I will be available in short notice now. You can also call my cell 631-317-8028.
Thank you,
Salomon

Waqar
Supporter

Good morning Salomon and thank you for the permission.

I've downloaded your website's clone, using the Duplicator Pro plugin and the duplicator package and the plugin, both have been removed from your website now.

Other than that, I can assure you that no more changes will be made to your actual website and the clone itself will only be used for this error investigation. Once the issue has been resolved, it will be completely removed.

I'll be performing some tests on this clone and will share the findings with you, as soon as this testing completes.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

I've tested your website's clone on a couple of different testing environments and couldn't reproduce the issue of the website crashing, with the 'Toolset WooCommerce Blocks' plugin activation.

A more basic point is that the plugins like 'Toolset WooCommerce Blocks' and 'Toolset Forms Commerce' are designed to work with the third-party eCommerce plugin 'WooCommerce', which you're not using on your website. So, you don't need these two plugins on the first place and you can delete them from your website.

Just to be safe, I even tested your website's clone with the WooCommerce plugin activated and it still didn't crash.

In case, you decide to use WooCommerce on your website in future and face a similar issue again, you're welcome to start a new ticket and request your AWS developers to share the exact part of the error log with us, that suggests it is being caused by the 'Toolset WooCommerce Blocks' plugin.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.