Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Update to Views 3.0 (and or Types 3.3.8 – testing now) Took Entire Site down

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tamrahjoD 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Site_AfterViews3Update.png
Site_BeforeViews3UpdateAfterTypes338update.png

I am trying to:
Do updates for Types (3.3.8) and Views (3.0) - believe the Views 3.0 is what did it, but doing step by step testing now - just reporting asap and running further tests on my own and see that my other sites are now NOT showing Types OR Views Updates being available - will monitor today, and close this ticket, if in fact, you already know something went awol with updates - 🙂

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Cannot - because it took down live site, which has been restored - did screen shot of site load after update Views 3.0, flush server cache, view in private browser and confirmed with hosting server it was down -

I expected to see:
Site and ensure no legacy views were broken

Instead, I got:
See attached image that shows the page source

PS - site is being redesigned for theme change - and that may be the issue - just reporting the info to you -

Hello,

When you see a blank WordPress page, there should be some PHP errors in your website, please try these:
1) Backup your website
2) Upgrade all Toolset plugins to the latest version, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
3) Also check if there is any PHP error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

Through testing, determined the theme was the issue - as updates went as planned on other sites - so will resolve on my end.

FYI - Views 3.01 does not work with WP v 4.9.12 or 4.9.13 - although min requirements page shows 3.4-5.3.2 (https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/)
This site had not been upgraded to WP 5+ yet, due to the older theme utilization - through testing of theme, plugins, etc., any attempt to update WP Views failed until site updated to 5.3.1 - here is the following error code that shows in local development testing, and site was not accessible at all, front/back, until prior version of wp-views was manually replaced in plug-ins folder .

*/
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function OTGS\Toolset\Views\Services\register_block_type() in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/backend/Services/Bootstrap.php:44 Stack trace: #0 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/application/controllers/main.php(84): OTGS\Toolset\Views\Services\Bootstrap->initialize() #1 /app/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPV_Main->initialize_classes(Object(Toolset_Common_Bootstrap)) #2 /app/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #3 /app/public/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/bootstrap.php(104): do_action('toolset_common_...', Object(Toolset_Common_Bootstrap)) #5 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/bootstrap.php(123): Toolset_Common_Bootstrap->__construct() #6 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/main.php(161): Toolset_Common_Bootstrap::get_instance() #7 /app/public/wp-include in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/backend/Services/Bootstrap.php on line 44
/*

Hello,

This is fixed in latest version of Views plugin 3.0.2, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

And feedback if it is fixed, thanks

AfterViewsUpdateHomePage_2020-01-10 at 04.21.14.jpg
FinancialTransparencyPage_2020-01-10 at 04.43.28.jpg
EmploymentPage_2020-01-10 at 04.44.40.jpg

Good Morning Luo -

Have info for you below- just listing again the other possible issues that may not be ALL views based - but not seeing it in the error messages -
WP v. 4.9.13
Theme - Pagelines framework 2.5.0 (not compatible with WP v. 5.0+ - and in process of updating it)
Types 3.3.8 (types update doesn't break the site, nor the views)
Views - updated to v 3.0.2 - from v. 2.9.4

Did update - worked better, as in, the site didn't go completely down, but still not working - here's the scoop:
(I added the live link for each item, so you can see the 'before update view', as well as screen shots and code snippets showing errors for the 'after update view when I update on my local dev site)

1. Home page widget example
Before update view link: hidden link
After Update: Code shown in "Administrative Widget" on home page that breaks: (screen shot of page attached)

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function do_blocks() in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/wpv-shortcodes.php:2960 Stack trace: #0 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/wpv.class.php(2476): wpv_do_shortcode('\n render_view('4107', '4107') #2 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/wpv-widgets.php(56): WP_Views->render_view_ex('4107', '4107') #3 /app/public/wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php(372): WPV_Widget->widget(Array, Array) #4 /app/public/wp-includes/widgets.php(743): WP_Widget->display_callback(Array, Array) #5 /app/public/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/library.templates.php(134): dynamic_sidebar('Secondary Sideb...') #6 /app/public/wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections/sb_secondary/section.php(25): pagelines_draw_sidebar('sb_secondary', 'Secondary Sideb...') #7 /app/public/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/class.sections.php(243): SecondarySideba in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/wpv-shortcodes.php on line 2960

Employment page view embed example
Before update viewlink: hidden link
Code shown in Employment page after update:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function do_blocks() in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/wpv-shortcodes.php:2960 Stack trace: #0 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/wpv.class.php(2476): wpv_do_shortcode('\n\t\t\t
\n\t\t\t\trender_view('4198', 'd04edba0da48a95...') #2 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/wpv.class.php(638): WP_Views->render_view_ex('4198', 'd04edba0da48a95...') #3 /app/public/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(319): WP_Views->short_tag_wpv_view(Array, '', 'wpv-view') #4 [internal function]: do_shortcode_tag(Array) #5 /app/public/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(197): preg_replace_callback('/\\[(\\[?)(su_not...', 'do_shortcode_ta...', '
Thank You fo...') #6 /app/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): do_shortcode('

Thank You fo...') #7 /app/public/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters('

Thank You fo...', Array) #8 /app/public/wp-conte in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/wpv-shortcodes.php on line 2960

Financial Page view embed example:
Before update view link: hidden link
Code shown in Financial Transparency page after update:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function do_blocks() in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/wpv-shortcodes.php:2960 Stack trace: #0 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/wpv.class.php(2476): wpv_do_shortcode('\n
render_view('3724', 'ff0df8452327bb9...') #2 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/wpv.class.php(638): WP_Views->render_view_ex('3724', 'ff0df8452327bb9...') #3 /app/public/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(319): WP_Views->short_tag_wpv_view(Array, '', 'wpv-view') #4 [internal function]: do_shortcode_tag(Array) #5 /app/public/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(197): preg_replace_callback('/\\[(\\[?)(wpv\\-v...', 'do_shortcode_ta...', '\n[wpv-view name...') #6 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/shortcodes-ultimate/includes/functions-shortcodes.php(142): do_shortcode('\n[wpv-view name...') #7 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/shortcodes-ultimate/includes/shortcodes/spoiler in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/wpv-shortcodes.php on line 2960

I hope this assists you - I am self taught and can do basic checks (conflicts, read error logs to see patterns or identify cause (i.e. plugin, theme) etc., but do not have the skills/tools to do deep level identifying of code in php to fix - )
Tamrah Jo

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.