Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Update custom field on woo product after purchase

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have added a custom field (radio button) with 3 options on the woocommerce product type.

I want to change the value of this custom field from “1” to “2” when that item is purchased.

Can you help me accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

If your goal is to update the product's custom field value, when its order status is completed, you can use a custom function attached to WooCommerce's "woocommerce_order_status_completed" hook.

For example:

add_action('woocommerce_order_status_completed', 'custom_update_field_on_order_competed_status', 10, 1);
function custom_update_field_on_order_competed_status( $order_id ) {
	// target custom field's slug
	$target_field_slug = "wpcf-product-radio-field";
	// get order info
	$order = wc_get_order( $order_id );
	// cycle through each product included in the order
	foreach ( $order->get_items() as $item_id => $product_item ) {
		// get the ID of the ordered product
		$product_id = $product_item->get_product_id();
		// get current field value
		$current_field_value = get_post_meta($product_id, $target_field_slug, true);
		// if value is not already equal to 2, set it to 2
		if ($current_field_value != 2) {
			update_post_meta( $product_id, $target_field_slug, 2 );
		}
	}
}

The above code snippet can be included through either Toolset's custom code feature ( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/adding-custom-code/using-toolset-to-add-custom-code/ ) or through the active theme's "functions.php" file.

Note: The custom code examples from our forum are shared to get you started in the right direction. You're welcome to adjust them as needed and for more personalized customization assistance, you can consider hiring a professional from our list of recommended contractors:
https://toolset.com/contractors/

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.