Skip Navigation

[Resolved] unwanted padding in main content area

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.61 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by elisabeth-murrayK 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi there
I'm using Toolset on a site with Generate Press and Generate Blocks. The page I'm working on has no dynamic content draw in from Toolset, and doesn't have a template for the page set by toolset either. I'm getting a 15px margin to the left and right of content which I instruct (via the GeneratePress block it's in) to be 'full width'. I've contacted their support and you can see our interaction:
hidden link

It's on the home page of the site given above.

I'm reluctant to tinker with any of the code they suggest in case this comes into my site via Toolset and there would be repercussions for removing it. Can you advise?
Thank you
E

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Bootstrap is a very popular styles and scripts library, that is used on many websites to present the content in a standardized way.
( ref: hidden link )

In Toolset settings ( WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> General ), you'll find the "Bootstrap loading" option to control whether Toolset should load these optional Bootstrap styles and scripts, or not.

If you're satisfied with the styles and design elements offered by your theme, you can choose the "This site is not using Bootstrap CSS" option to stop Toolset from loading the Bootstrap library and this styles conflict will be fixed.

In case, you'd like to continue loading the Bootstrap library, you can include the CSS code from GeneratePress support, in your website's custom CSS and this particular style conflict will be fixed, without affecting any of the Toolset functionality.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks for this - appreciate the background info. I'll go for the CSS option for now and consider this further.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.