Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable To Update Divi without Error

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screenshot_112.jpg
Screenshot_111.jpg

Hi,

I have been away from Toolset for nearly a year over which time my subscription expired which prevented updates. I recently renewed our license and updated Toolset on the original project site jayzerbe.com

However, for some reason when I attempt to update the Divi theme on the same site it breaks the grid layout of the product page template that was created using Toolset. Please see the attached screenshots.

I am hoping that you will be able to identify the conflict between the two solutions and possibly have a resolution.

Thank you.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

There a few points to note while using Divi and Toolset together:
( covered in our documentation too: https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/ )

1. In the Divi -> Theme Options -> Builder -> Advanced the option "The Latest Divi Builder Experience" should be disabled and the "Classic Editor" should be enabled.

2. The Toolset shortcodes user interface ( or "Fields and Views" button ) is now by design only available in the WordPress admin area, and not while using Divi's front-end editor.

3. Unfortunately, the Divi 4 release resulted in a number of compatibility issues with Toolset and currently, we recommend to keep Divi 3 for existing websites that are using Toolset. More details are available in this post from Amir:
https://toolset.com/2019/10/toolset-and-divi-4-issues/

If the issue with the grid persists, even after downgrading to Divi 3, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.