Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to switch from Beta update channel

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Chris 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 09.56.57.png

Hi,

I have several sites which were on the Beta channel for updates during development and have now been made live, so I no longer want them to be getting Beta updates.

There's now a beta for Views available, but I'm not able to switch back the the stable release channel - see attached screenshot. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Chris

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Chris

It seems like you can't switch channels unless you have the most current plugin versions of whichever channel you are in.

So if you are in the beta channel, before you can change to the production channel you need to update to the latest beta(s). Once you've done that you should then be able to switch to the production channel.

But, I just tried that and although I'm now in the production channel (and have the latest beta installed) it doesn't offer me the option to update my plugins from the beta versions to the latest production versions. Maybe it considers it a downgrade.

Anyway, something's not right. I need to pass this up to my colleagues to work out how to untangle the problem, and I'll get back to you.

OK, thanks Nigel. Let me know what you find out...

- Chris

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Chris

It's escalated to the installer developer who should be able to come up with a fix, but in the meantime if you want to get back on track:

- you are currently in the beta channel but have the stable versions installed.
- you need to upgrade to the betas which will then allow you to switch to the production track
- you will be in the production track but have the betas installed (because it won't downgrade)
- delete the beta versions from the main plugin page
- you should then be able to install the production versions

I'll keep this escalated for now.

Thanks. I'll do that as a workaround for now.

- Chris

Nigel
Supporter

OK, well let me leave the status of this as escalated, and I'll update you again when it is fixed.

Right-oh, thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Chris

You'll need to apply the same workaround to your other sites, too.

The installer won't be changed to allow you to downgrade versions (from a beta to an earlier production release), and the FAQ page has been updated to make that clear: https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install-beta-and-development-versions-of-toolset-plugins/

Note the emphasis on using the beta versions for testing, not on production sites.

Sorry for the effort required to update each of your sites.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the follow up. OK, as long as I'm clear what needs to be done, that's fine.

Best wishes,

Chris

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.