Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to preview a draft using WPML Groups

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
Screenshot 2022-04-02 at 14.07.24.png
Screenshot 2022-04-02 at 14.07.37.png

I am trying to set permissions using WPML Groups, but after enabling this, it is not anymore possible for users to preview posts or pages that are a draft.

It's still possible to preview pages that are published.

I would expect it to be possible to preview both drafts, scheduled posts, etc...

I also noticed while there is an option under 'Post Types' for 'preview any', this permission is not there under WPML Groups. I don't know if that is related.

It would be great if you could look into this.

Thank you!

Maarten

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Maarten,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

This issue is already reported to the concerned team. If a post/page is part of a WPML access group, its preview only works for the 'administrator' role. Users with any other role, can’t preview it and see the 404 not found page.

I'm afraid, I don't have a time estimate for a fix, but, I'll keep you updated on the progress through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Ok, thank you for the update Waqar,

That is a bummer. I need to give users permission to be able to edit certain languages and content types, but if they can't preview the posts they make, they won't be able to work properly.

How can I request a refund?

Thank you.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

Is there any specific reason for keeping the posts in the "Draft" status? If you're using this to track approved/unapproved status, you can use a workaround. You can allow the users to add posts in the "Published" and not "Draft" status and add a custom field "Approval Status", which can have two possible values "Approved" and "Unapproved". On the front-end, the display of these posts can be controlled using this custom field's value, instead of the post status.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

For a refund, you can use the form on this page, within 30 days of the purchase:
https://toolset.com/buy/refund/

Thanks Waqar, it's nothing to do with approved/unapproved status, but simply because a post is still a 'draft' and not yet ready to be published. Or it's scheduled to be published in the future.

Rebuilding core wordpress features to workaround this issue seems a little overkill, so for now I will request a refund. I hope this gets resolved at some point.

Thank you for the support.

Waqar
Supporter

I understand and respect that. Hope to see you back, perhaps for a different project/requirement.

You're welcome to start a new ticket in case you have any new questions or concerns - we're here to help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.