Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to Add New Field – button doesn't seem to do anything

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
screenshot.jpg

I have created a new clean install of wordpress on hidden link as I am having the exact same issue on hidden link - I am trying to simply add fields to a new custom post type. I get as far as clicking the button to add a new field and it opens up the box with the options, but it then does nothing.

I have no other plugins activated except wp-types activated/installed and using the TwentyFifteen theme.

I have confirmed with my host that I have 128m memory allocated to wordpress.

Interestingly, On the General Tab of the Toolset Settings (screenshot attached), I am unable to change any settings - it keeps returning "Saving Failed. Please reload the page and try again"

I don't appear to have any option to provide debug information.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Sorry to hear that Types plugin is not working as it should be on your install.

1)
Could you please activate WP_DEBUG from wp-config.php file and send me possible errors for review.

2)
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file.

Send me error logs for review.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please also send me FTP access details?

Minesh
Supporter

I checked with "post fields" screen and tried to add new custom field.

When I try to add new field I can see the following error:

NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - <em><u>hidden link</u></em>"
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

Could you please check with your server admin if any firewall, any security there.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.