Skip Navigation

[Closed] Unable/Diffcult to enter values in RGBa values in Toolset Blocks colour pickers

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
2020-06-13 07_59_24-Window.png

I am using Toolset blocks to configure an archive. The behaviour below seems to occur in all color pickers I've had to use but can't confirm if it happens in every colour picker everywhere in Toolset blocks

If I want to enter the values for an RGBa or HSLA colour it is very difficult as the data entry box is too small and mostly obscured by an up/down selector. I'm not sure one is actually needed as normally I would just enter the values. See attached screenshot.

Add a block to a loop archive and attempt to change the background color. Switch to RGBa or HSLA and you'll see the problem.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've tested the color picker included with the Blocks in a couple of browsers and noticed that the input fields were wide enough to enter the values.

Here are some screenshots:
( Google Chrome on Windows 10 )

RGBA: hidden link
HSLA: hidden link

Different browsers on different operating systems can show the input fields in different default styles. I can understand that what you're experiencing can happen if any browser shows the number field's up/down arrows wider than usual.

Can you please share information about the browser, operating system, and the screen size that you're using? I'll be able to test and report it accordingly.

regards,
Waqar

Chrome Version 83.0.4103.97 . Windows 10

I have a two monitor setup.

Display One is 3840x2160
Display Two is 1920 x 1080

I have the same problem on both monitors - the width of the data entry box does not appear to change. The amount of space allocated to the up/down control appears to be the same at both resolutions. It's not like I can see a bit more space in the larger or smaller res screen.

I've just tried loading it in MS Edge (not something I have any plans to use). That doesn't render the up/down control and simply has a data entry box.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for writing back and for sharing these details.

I've passed on this report to the concerned team for further review so that it can be improved in future releases.

We appreciate your feedback and suggestions, as they help us improve in the right direction, so please keep them coming.

regards,
Waqar

What does that actually mean ? At the moment it's not a question of improvement. It doesn't actually work. Are you acknowledging it as a bug ?

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for writing back and sorry if my last message wasn't clear.

We have acknowledged it as a usability issue and it has been escalated to the development team accordingly too.

I'm afraid, it won't be possible to share a time estimate at the moment, but if you prefer, I can update you through this ticket, once a fix for it is released.

regards,
Waqar

The topic ‘[Closed] Unable/Diffcult to enter values in RGBa values in Toolset Blocks colour pickers’ is closed to new replies.